INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.76  (Read 3535 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.76
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:07:24 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120076.exe

History

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

1. NEW: New art in many areas of the program -- splash, about, icons, etc. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Video thumbnailing takes shorter time for some video types. Also, a little more error logging for video thumbnailing and importing.
3. Fixed: The "Debug Viewer" link in the logging dialog was broken.
4. NEW: There is now an "email" link on the logging dialog for sending log files.
5. Fixed: Mouse movement could cause some areas of the program to be overly blinky. (introduced a few builds back)
6. NEW: Gapless playback support for iPods added.
7. Changed: Removed 3D Theater View. (to return at a later date)
8. Changed: After resetting the current log file, a message is displayed.

12.0.75 (9/21/06)

1. Changed: Editing of TV station names and deleting TV channels can now be done on TV Configuration -> TV Channels page (whereas previously they are available only on the "Scan Channels" dialogs).
2. Optimized: Some internal database operations are faster.
3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.
4. NEW: Update view header images.
5. Changed: Manually expanding a tree item will scroll the tree if necessary to make children visible.
6. NEW: Thumbnails for images that use alpha will look better.
7. Fixed: Cover art not working on new 2nd generation Nanos.
8. Fixed: Fields that had not been changed / saved for a long time could fail to load. (introduced in build 74)
9. NEW: Internet code no longer skips trying to connect when a connection isn't currently alive -- hopefully improving usability for wireless LAN, etc. users.

12.0.74 (9/20/06)

1. Changed: Log entries for DirectShow video thumbnailing threads all carry thread IDs.
2. Fixed: Checking for changed / missing files could go slower than expected if the database contained CD or DVD files.
3. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could (still) report a Windows Media error during installation.
4. Changed: The entire audio branch (instead of just the audio renderer) is removed from the DirectShow graph for video thumbnailing.
5. Fixed: Some extended file types (JMX, etc.) would always be considered "externally changed" during an import, causing slowdowns.
6. Optimized: Loading of media files database over twice as fast.
7. Changed: Audio, images and video are loaded into the tree before other items.

12.0.73 (9/19/06)

1. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could report a Windows Media error during installation.
2. Fixed: WAV (or other DirectShow) audio playback types wouldn't stop as fast as expected.
3. Fixed: Video playback could fail on some machines.
4. Changed: Cross-fade length can't be longer than half the length of the file that just played. (for playing very short files)
5. Fixed: When playing very short files, the player could stall and stop playing more files.
6. Fixed: Double-clicking a file in Playing Now with "Always jump to Playing Now" selected could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: The status below a video while it was loading did not support translation.
8. Changed: Tweaked how grabbing a handle of a slider works so only non-alpha regions are grabbable.
9. Fixed: Otto could wrongly see a Media Center tagging action as an external change in certain cases.
10. Fixed: Possible rare crash with multi-threaded skinning.
11. Changed: When saving tag changes, the status bar will say "Saving tag changes (playing file remaining -- stop playback to finish)" to clarify this scenario.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.76
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 04:16:23 pm »

In reaction on MC12 Beta build 12.075 Jaguu reported:
'TV Options does not work!
I can select TV channels, but if I select Options or in Options>Playback>TV Settings I get the following error: "Failed to Play TV" and MC12 crashes.
(MC11.1 is installed in parallel, which works flawlessly)'.

I already reported this strange behaviour of MC12 on August 18, before MC12 Beta was pulled back.
See forumthreads http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35095.0 and http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35287.0
It seems nothing happened since then.

A day without laughing is a day without living

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:40:34 pm »

"Your 30 day trial has expired"   ?
I guess this is from the install when the Beta12 board was first opened (apparently 30 days ago) then re-closed shortly after. Will this be remedied?
. . . the game is rigged

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:13:16 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120076.exe

History

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

So do I need to do anything to get this to work? Is there a new firmware needed for the Ipod?
-

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:31:45 pm »

I love the new icons... Well done!
-

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 06:52:43 pm »

You guys are FAST!  Thanks for adding this.

Just out of curiosity, does this require the 1.2 iPod firmware, and will it require the long "indexing" process when synching (like iTunes requires)?  I'm just curious to know if the next sync will be a really LONG one.

Thanks again,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 10:29:50 pm »

I like the general style of the new icons, but I don't think some of them work well as very small icons.  I fully realize how difficult it is to make good icons -- especially when they need to be really small like these --but I think that some of them need a little tweaking.

So far, a few I don't care for are:

1)  The "Movie" category icon.  In my opinion, the new "Slate" simply looks too much like the "Image" icon at quick glance.  I much preferred the circular "reel" over the "slate" since it's more instantly recognizable as a "movie" reel.  Since the reel was the only "round" icon for media types, it was VERY easily distinguished from the image and audio icons.  It's not like I can't tell the slate apart from the image icon -- it's just that I feel it worked better to have these icons TOTALLY different from one another.

2)  The main "Media Center" icon.  The new icon for MC does not work as well as the previous one when it's very small -- it's not as easy to tell what you're looking at right away.  The little white "play" triangle on the new icon is too small, which makes it get a bit "lost" against the shiney blue background.  There also seems to be too much "variation" in the blue area compared to the earlier one (i.e. too much "shine.")  The previous icon was simply more "solid" as an MC icon, and worked better when it's presented very small (such as when it's in the system tray.)  The previous icon was suprisingly easy to identify when it was very small.

3)  The "Rip" and "Burn" CD icons.  I actually like the general style of these icons, but when they're very small, they look a bit "busy," and are not as instantly identifiable as I think they should be.  The green arrow on the "Rip" CD icon doesn't stand out enough -- I didn't even see that it was an arrow right away -- and the flames on the "Burn" icon are a little too small and detailed.  I do, however, like the "green vs. red" aspect of these icons, which does help to distinguish them.

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 03:54:27 am »

The image thumbnails change to gray boxes when the size slider is moved to the far left. This happens only with image files.

Edit

I scrolled through a view that has over 7000 image files. It seems that MC still displays a few random thumbnails even most of the thumbnails have changed to gray boxes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 04:13:46 am »

When MC builds a thumbnail for a video file it does not use the linked cover art image. The cover art file must be relinked to make it display correctly.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 08:39:13 am »

So do I need to do anything to get this to work? Is there a new firmware needed for the Ipod?

Gapless playback is only supported on the new (2nd gen) nano with the 1.0 or 1.0.1 firmware, and the 5th gen (vid) iPod with the 1.2 firmware update. Older iPods (including the 1st gen nano) are SOL w/r/t gapless. You'll *need* iTunes 7 to download the updates; it's my understanding that Apple is no longer providing standalone iPod updaters.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 08:47:23 am »

I have 114 Files With A Bit Rate Of 8kbps And 20kbps and Media Center 12 Does Not List Any Sample Rate.

Using Update Library From File Does Not Help

The Files Are Microsoft Files

18:06

Windows Media Audio 9.1
20 kbps, 22 kHz, mono 2-pass CBR

\Art Bell\10 Feb 98 - Derrel Sims - Alien Investigations\Part 9.WMA

I am sure it is not because it is from art bell and it's about Alien's (from space, not mexico)

Edit: As A Matter Of Fact They Are All WMA Files

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 11:03:08 am »

Hi!

When I play normal 44,1 kHz Wave Files MC12 is very slow.
All visualizations are very slow. And when I click on a menubutton it takes a long time till sth. happen.
Also the animation of the 3 buttons on the top right (close, minimize, maximize buttons) are very slow.
But my CPU is not fully occupied and my harddisk also.
I think its a bug of MC12 because on other PCs this problem occurs.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 02:08:47 am »

I like the general style of the new icons, but I don't think some of them work well as very small icons.

I have to agree. The video and image ones are barely distinguishable (at least on my monitor :))

Overall, I like the improved look though! Splash screen is very nice...

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 10:23:31 am »

First time playing with MC12.  Please forgive me if this has been discussed earlier.  I searched for "translucent" first.

Nevermind. I edited out my comments that talked about problems trying to get the transparent view back to normal.  I now know the option "Make Inactive Mini View Transparent" is checked as the default. Perhaps the default should leave this box unchecked.

Also, I noticed that MC12 does not remember the last position of the mini skin.  I like to anchor it in the bottom right portion of the screen.  If I have returned to Standard View or exited the program, the next time I choose Mini View,  I have to move it back to the corner.

dcwebman

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 11:57:43 am »

Disc # field dropdown in the tag window displays 1, then blank, and then the rest of the numbers 2-9.
Jeff

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 06:15:33 pm »

I don't know if it was a glitch on my end, but the last two times i installed MC 12 (.75 and .76) it asked me to restart windows.  Windows restarted and MC would not start.  It would get a little stub program in the running threads, which i would have to kill, and then the next time it would start.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 10:33:12 pm »

MC hangs or shuts down whenever I select "Build Missing Thumbnails" from the options menu. I've left it overnight, so I don't think it's a matter of not waiting for the process to end.

Media Center Registered 12.0.76 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1810 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 447 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive I: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 10:42:24 pm »

I've been having regular (though not consistent) crashes when choosing a "new" view schemes (meaning one that I hadn't yet used since I last launched MC).... Unfortunately, since it's been the weekend I haven't really had the opportunity to save any logs but I will do so in the future.

Also, today I was using Theater View quite a bit.  I typically browse with it in "Text" rather than "Thumbnail" mode, but to check it out today I switched over to thumbnail mode.  First of all, it seemed to have to build a lot of thumbs that were likely already built (at least for the little mini-icons).  However, while I have not seen this behavior in Standard View at all, I was getting "bursts" of sound in Theater View while it built the new icons.  Again, this was not happening in Standard View (and I was not seeing the FFDSHOW audio icon showing up at all during "thumbnailiing" either), but it IS happening in Theater View.

I'm also still (even with the animations gone) seeing some remote-control performance issues in Theater View, compared to pre-fancypants animations builds.  This could be related to Thumbnailing though, I'm not sure, though it happened when viewing both in thumbnail and text Theater View modes.  To try to help test out the on-demand thumbnailing changes I did erase all of my pre-built thumbs on Thursday so it's had a couple to rebuild... (ya know, just one or two).   ;)

EDIT:  Yeah... Forget that Theater View only stuff.  I'm getting bursts of sound randomly when running a manual "Build Missing Thumbnails" task as well.  It just got my Wife and I up out of bed thinking some crazy person had broken in or something...   ::)

EDIT Again:  I had posted it separately, but it disappeared.  If you need it, I have a log from this "build missing thumbs" run mentioned above.  Just ask.  (I thought my Ren and Stimpy quote was fun but I guess not!)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 08:18:34 am »

MC hangs or shuts down whenever I select "Build Missing Thumbnails" from the options menu. I've left it overnight, so I don't think it's a matter of not waiting for the process to end.

Can you determine whether it hang when thumbnailing video, audio or image?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 09:37:03 am »

"Your 30 day trial has expired"   ?
I guess this is from the install when the Beta12 board was first opened (apparently 30 days ago) then re-closed shortly after. Will this be remedied?

Yeah, me too. 
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 03:41:49 pm »

When clicking on a smartlist (yellow icon), the header of the view shows the (green) icon of a playlist (if there is no cover art available).
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up