INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm dumb question  (Read 1198 times)

blargman

• Recent member
last.fm dumb question
« on: September 22, 2006, 05:58:01 pm »

So I signed up for last.fm looks cool. their app lets you listen to different songs thru their stream and rate them how you like them.  ok, their software works *so so*.

there appears to be 2 different types of functionality this app has. 1 it recommends music to you and streams it to you and you listen to it. 2 it sends this playing information to the web and posts it in your user profile.  Both of these together somehow it builds like a customized radio station for you.

I see there's a plugin for your app, does this just send song information you've played to last.fm or does it work with their streaming part as well? I've got 1.0.0.2 installed here and when I click on last.fm. Under services & plugins, its just a blank white page.

thanks. sorta confused

Iridescence

• Recent member
Re: last.fm dumb question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:09:55 pm »

Their new client isn't compatible with MC but it doesn't really matter because you can still submit stuff to the site with the old MC you can download from here or their site and get full functionality. Just make sure that the new last.fm client is *NOT* running when you have MC running because it interferes with submissions to have both running.

Hopefully they will add MC support toytheir new client soon but in the mean time the old plug-ins still work so you're not missing out on much.

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Re: last.fm dumb question
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 02:23:47 am »

The plugin only submits data.  On the "blank white page" at the top should be a button called "Options" which will allow you to configure the plugin.   If you don't have that let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up