INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP - 'Album type' mystery!  (Read 940 times)

wladdy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
HELP - 'Album type' mystery!
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:47:59 am »

Hi,

Here is a mystery to which I hope that some will have an answer:

I collect only complete albums in Media Center and I wanted to be sure that the field 'Album Artist' was properly filled for each album. I create a view with the following panes:
'Complete Album' / 'Album type' / 'Genre' / 'Album' / 'Artist' / 'Album artist'
and the property 'Album artisit' = Empty

I know that this view has redundant elements, but I'm really specific about the completeness of the albums in my MC collection.

So here is the mystery:

Four compilation albums appear as 'Album type'='Single artist (complete)' when in fact each individual track has a different 'Artist'.

Just four albums display this anomalous behavior. In fact, they come from two two-CD-albums, so they are named 'Compilation A (1)', 'Compilation A (2)' and 'Compilation B (1)', 'Compilation B (2)'.

Besides the oddity mentioned above, these albums seem absolutely normal. They play normally, they are properly tagged. I have tried to remove them form the library, reimport copies of the files, rename the files, rename the tags, but nothing will do: these compilations albums will appear 'Album type'='Single artist (complete)'.

Did someone ever encouter a comparable phenomenon? Is it a bug that just occurs on occasions and with which one should make peace?
Or is there something to investigate - maybe I am missing something obvious.

Anyway, I know that it might sound like no big deal, but I find this mystery particularly baffling and I would greatly appreciate your comments and wisdom on the matter.

W.
Pages: [1]   Go Up