INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album art mystery  (Read 1346 times)

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
album art mystery
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:17:04 pm »

Most bizarre and most annoying.
If i use MC to find the album art and add to the file. No problem
However, every new track I now import into the library (by placing the mp3 in the music dir and asking MC to rescan), has the album art of the one I last found on the net. If i imported 50 songs from different artists, they would all have the same art. The art will only change if i use the MC feature to find it again, but it wont go.

I have to manually remove the cover art from the mp3's. Ok it isnt the end of the world, but its darn annoying.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: album art mystery
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:29:20 pm »

Maybe you're picking up the folder.jpg file.  There is a FAQ on this board, and in it, you'll find a couple of threads on cover art.  There's also another one on the first page of this board.

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:58:14 am »

Couldnt find anything to help.
The last album Art i paste to a file, is then pasted automatically to every file I add. Most annoying.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 06:15:12 am »

Here is more help: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34263.msg233801#msg233801
The post contains a link list. You may find an answer in some of the linked threads.

I guess you have that image file in a place that matches one of MC's cover art location options.

For example,

You import music files from a certain folder and that folder happens to contain also this mysterious image file. If the folder contains only one image file -- or -- it contains many image files and one of them is named Folder.jpg  MC uses that image file automatically as a cover art image.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up