INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.77  (Read 4015 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.77
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:40:55 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120077.exe

History

12.0.77 (9/25/06)

1. Fixed: Not all library watch folder settings were being saved as library specific.
2. Changed: Added portable device information to the system information dump.
3. Changed: Lyrics field allowable with videos.
4. Fixed: Media Editor could have an error when pasting regions of a file.
5. Fixed: Some QuickTime audio files would incorrectly show as having an internal image causing issues.
6. Fixed: WAV (and other DX playback type files) would be slower than expected.

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

1. NEW: New art in many areas of the program -- splash, about, icons, etc. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Video thumbnailing takes shorter time for some video types. Also, a little more error logging for video thumbnailing and importing.
3. Fixed: The "Debug Viewer" link in the logging dialog was broken.
4. NEW: There is now an "email" link on the logging dialog for sending log files.
5. Fixed: Mouse movement could cause come areas of the program to be overly blinky. (introduced a few builds back)
6. NEW: Gapless playback support for iPods added.
7. Changed: Removed 3D Theater View. (to return at a later date)
8. Changed: After resetting the current log file, a message is displayed.

12.0.75 (9/21/06)

1. Changed: Editing of TV station names and deleting TV channels can now be done on TV Configuration -> TV Channels page (whereas previously they are available only on the "Scan Channels" dialogs).
2. Optimized: Some internal database operations are faster.
3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.
4. NEW: Update view header images.
5. Changed: Manually expanding a tree item will scroll the tree if necessary to make children visible.
6. NEW: Thumbnails for images that use alpha will look better.
7. Fixed: Cover art not working on new 2nd generation Nanos.
8. Fixed: Fields that had not been changed / saved for a long time could fail to load. (introduced in build 74)
9. NEW: Internet code no longer skips trying to connect when a connection isn't currently alive -- hopefully improving usability for wireless LAN, etc. users.

12.0.74 (9/20/06)

1. Changed: Log entries for DirectShow video thumbnailing threads all carry thread IDs.
2. Fixed: Checking for changed / missing files could go slower than expected if the database contained CD or DVD files.
3. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could (still) report a Windows Media error during installation.
4. Changed: The entire audio branch (instead of just the audio renderer) is removed from the DirectShow graph for video thumbnailing.
5. Fixed: Some extended file types (JMX, etc.) would always be considered "externally changed" during an import, causing slowdowns.
6. Optimized: Loading of media files database over twice as fast.
7. Changed: Audio, images and video are loaded into the tree before other items.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.77
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 06:46:37 pm »

Fixed: Media Editor could have an error when pasting regions of a file.

Seems To Have Fixed The Problem I Was Having Using Crop Also

And The Added Graphics In The Last Few Builds Is An Exciting Face Lift For MC
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:51:40 pm »

5. Fixed: Some QuickTime audio files would incorrectly show as having an internal image causing issues.
6. Fixed: WAV (and other DX playback type files) would be slower than expected.

Confirmed. Problems solved. It works great. Thanks.

daniel_2k

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:09:54 pm »

I noticed some other people talking about the IPOD not ejecting.  I am having this issue.  My IPOD does not ejecj when it is done syncing like it used to.  I have it on "eject after sync".

I have also been getting a bunch of crashes, but I suppose that is expected.  I will try to do a bit of research on these later.

MC12 looks so pretty!  Are we getting video transcoding in this release?

Thanks!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 12:36:32 am »

- When Tagging action pane is open on a semi column delimeted (list) field, then In place editing on a song in the panes acts weird. You edit a field in the panes, when typing "tab", it doesn't go to the next field but closes the editing of the field. When closing the action pane, all works fine.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:47:15 am »

(I think you all know how this new version is cool, I really LOVE it but it's certainly not the place to say it).
So now for bugs repports  :

-- Tv (analog) doesn't work anymore in 12.0.76. My TV card (ADS tech instant TV, BT 878) works in 11.1.

Trying : Tv Tuner > option gives this window:
Failed to play TV (unkown error)

Exporting channels from MC11.1 (as a play list) to MC 12.0.76 and trying to play that gives :
PlaybackEng
Cannot set channel. Code 0X80070057

(Reinstalling v12 does not change this)

-- Dual view setting doesn't work correctly :
Trying to have in a display  the standard view and on the other the full screen is not possible anymore (unless I missed something). Going to full screen simply hides the standard view (which is surely desirable with a single display setup :))

Edit : added tv card specification
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:22:48 am »

Oldie: When holding mouse pointer (no clicking, right-clicking or holding down button!) over the divider between main list and Tag Window, then slowly move it within Tag window, the mouse pointer stays as a "Horizontal resize" as long as you don't hover a clickable area.

Another thing about Tag Window. Why is the mouse pointer showing as "Clickable item" almost everywhere in Tag Window? Shouldn't it only show when there's something to click on? :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 06:10:53 am »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:02 am »

The cover art uploader (submit to internet) does not accept png or gif files.

Also, the "Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" tool can find only jpg files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 07:53:01 am »

When the Disc # field has more than 2 values, e.g. 1 & 2, and the dropdown in the tag window is on a song that has the Disc # field filled in, the dropdown displays 1, then blank, and then the rest of the disc numbers.

--------------

I use a separate cover art folder, but for backup, I also copy the image file to the album folder. Some songs for an album already existed. and I imported more songs for that album but MC used the cover art in the album folder instead of the image in the cover art folder. Now the cover art is mismatched as to location.

--------------

Request:

Now that getting cover art from the internet is working pretty well, there is no way to find out what size cover images are to determine if you want to find better ones elsewhere. It would be nice to have the File Size and Dimensions displayed just as if the image was imported and you were looking at that by itself. Right now if you hover over the cover art you get a tooltip of the filename. In the simplest solution, I wouldn't mind if a second line of the tooltip had this information like: 300x298 - 17.5KB.
Jeff

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 08:24:17 am »

(I think you all know how this new version is cool, I really LOVE it but it's certainly not the place to say it).
So now for bugs repports  :

-- Tv (analog) doesn't work anymore in 12.0.76. My TV card (ADS tech instant TV, BT 878) works in 11.1.

Trying : Tv Tuner > option gives this window:
Exporting channels from MC11.1 (as a play list) to MC 12.0.76 and trying to play that gives :
(Reinstalling v12 does not change this)

-- Dual view setting doesn't work correctly :
Trying to have in a display  the standard view and on the other the full screen is not possible anymore (unless I missed something). Going to full screen simply hides the standard view (which is surely desirable with a single display setup :))

Edit : added tv card specification

Glad I'm not the only one who has problems with TV>Options (sorry). Same here: Failed to play TV.

A day without laughing is a day without living

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 08:29:46 am »

Request:

Now that getting cover art from the internet is working pretty well, there is no way to find out what size cover images are to determine if you want to find better ones elsewhere. It would be nice to have the File Size and Dimensions displayed just as if the image was imported and you were looking at that by itself. Right now if you hover over the cover art you get a tooltip of the filename. In the simplest solution, I wouldn't mind if a second line of the tooltip had this information like: 300x298 - 17.5KB.

Please add your comments and requests to this thread (and bump it): Topic: YADB cover art submission

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:01:34 am »

Disabling Start feature has no effect :

Uncheking "Start" in Option>General>Advanced>Features has no effect (even after program restart)
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 10:53:10 am »

I just tried To take a wave file save it in media editor to dif KBPS as a mp3 and then try to load that new mp3 back into media editor and it gives me and "error decoding file" the file is less than 1 second ("You Got Mail")

It seems longer files work ok

Saving The File To Ape And Loading It Back In Works OK

When Using The Default Encoder On The File Saving To 192Kbps, Media Editor Will Lockup Leaving A File Called: "~~~temporary~~~.wav" In The Folder. Task Manger Is Required To Terminate Media Editor.

So It Seems The Internal Encoder Has A Problem With Short Files (I Guess)

Music Match Did Not Have A problem With The File, I noticed when going to 192Kbps Music match Saved it in Stereo And The Original File Is Mono.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 12:27:51 pm »

Disabling Start feature has no effect :

Uncheking "Start" in Option>General>Advanced>Features has no effect (even after program restart)

Same here.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 12:59:18 pm »

Marty3d

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 02:37:14 pm »

When double-clicking on a play-/smartlist, whatever setting made in Options > General > Behavior > Jump on play, MC doesn't jump to Playing now. If set to Display View, it works fine.

Marty3d

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 02:41:27 pm »

When double-clicking on a play-/smartlist, whatever setting made in Options > General > Behavior > Jump on play, MC doesn't jump to Playing now. If set to Display View, it works fine.

Correction: If Playing Now is NOT VISIBLE in the tree (say you have scrolled down a bit) and double-click a playlist, THEN it jumps to playing now, otherwise it does not work.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:23 pm »

-- Tv (analog) doesn't work anymore in 12.0.76

Same here.

Everything I try = unknown error.

But if I key a local station in and hit enter,

it plays.

AIW9000, 8.172 drv, old control pannel.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 03:17:41 pm »

I have music and images playing.
I switch to Display view. I can see the music controls on top of the screen and the images running in the center. Nice view!!
After 2 seconds the switches to full screen!!? Should it do that?
Moving the mouse brings me back to the Display View.
After 2 seconds it goes back to full screen.
MOVING THE MOUSE NOW DOES NOT DO ANYTHING!!?
Right click does not have an option to go back to Display View.

I feels like random behavior ........

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 03:19:48 pm »

When clicking on a smartlist (yellow icon), the header of the view shows the (green) icon of a playlist (if there is no cover art available).

matshif

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 03:20:31 pm »

Failed to play TV (unkown error)

I have Hauppage

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 03:26:48 pm »

I have music and images playing.
I switch to Display view. I can see the music controls on top of the screen and the images running in the center. Nice view!!
After 2 seconds the switches to full screen!!? Should it do that?

Yes.  The display view is the same thing as full screen view.  The controls stay visible forever if you've resized Display View from "maximized" to something else.

Moving the mouse brings me back to the Display View.
After 2 seconds it goes back to full screen.
MOVING THE MOUSE NOW DOES NOT DO ANYTHING!!?
Right click does not have an option to go back to Display View.

I feels like random behavior ........

Moving the mouse doesn't actually bring the controls back.  To bring the controls back you have to point at the "edges" of the screen (essentially mouse over one of the controls or the bottom or side bars).  This is so that it doesn't constantly flip between controls/no-controls if your mouse moves the tinyest little bit (which wireless mice often do when sitting on the couch)!

When you moved the mouse that first time, you were probably just lucky and hit one of the edges or the area where the controls are.

Once you understand what's going on, it's really quite nice.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 03:32:08 pm »

Once you understand what's going on, it's really quite nice.

Yes! That helps ... a lot.
Nice, not intuitive, but nice.
 :D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 03:32:57 pm »

This was changed here:

12.0.75 (9/21/06)

3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.

The slight "zooming" effect was done at my request here:

Quote from: Matt
12.0.72 (9/18/06)

13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.

Which is needed when using the Display View fullscreen while the controls are visible, or else you can't see all of your video/visualization/image/whatever.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 03:35:31 pm »

Everytime I install a new version of MC12 the association with Windows Viewer for jpg files is reset to MC12.

It should not do that, should it?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 03:39:48 pm »

Everytime I install a new version of MC12 the association with Windows Viewer for jpg files is reset to MC12.

It should not do that, should it?

It does if you have Tools --> Options --> File Association --> JPEG checked.  Mine is not resetting when I install new versions of MC12 with that option unchecked.

I actually don't have anything associated with MC.  I prefer to have files open in Media Player Classic when I double click them (and IrfanView for my image file types), as on the rare occasions when I'm browsing in Windows Explorer instead of from within MC I generally want a very lightweight viewer app.  When I want to view things in MC, I generally browse to them from within MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 04:17:32 pm »

on the rare occasions when I'm browsing in Windows Explorer instead of from within MC I generally want a very lightweight viewer app.  When I want to view things in MC, I generally browse to them from within MC.

MC 12 is the fastest starting / playing MC version yet.  You may want to give it another chance.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up