INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with jittery visualizations  (Read 1055 times)

The Listener

Problems with jittery visualizations
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:47:33 pm »

I have problems with jittery visualizations when I use them on Media Center. I am particularly fond of G-Force Platinum. I have used it successfully with I tunes and windows media player. While fairly new to the media center, I am wondering if I am not setting something up right. It is not just the G-Force that runs slow, but also the packaged visualizers as well. They all run slow and jittery.

If it is a bug that is in the program I am sure that you have teams of well qualified engineers working around the clock to fix it.

If it is a configuring thing, well, then I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

I really love the other usability aspects of Media center.

Thanks,

The Listener

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Problems with jittery visualizations
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 12:02:38 am »

Packaged visis running slow normally means a machine too low on available cpu resources to keep up with target framerate. When frame rate drops it does so unsteadily, jerkily, rather than to a steady lower rate.

Video output method can also affect frame rate, ie standard vs direct draw. To check this, right click the visi window, Visualisation studio, tools, options, draw method.

I've no idea of your hardware, software setup, nor level of computer knowledge, some much of the following might be irrelevant, I'll just cover most bases:

Whats your os/cpu/ram specs?
Have you eliminated the junk software that sits in the background eating resources, and is so common on computers?
Have you tried reducing visi window resolution? Right click the visi window, isplay quality, select something lower.
When all else has not been enough, use a smaller visi window or reduce PC's video resolution setting.

For a bit of perspective on what you ought to be seeing, I got 23-30fps on a 433MHz celery CPU with a small window on hi res, so any decent machine should be able to give you full speed, if set up suitably. But if not, as is often the case, all bets are off.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up