INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autoplay of media files on CD-Rom in MJ 8  (Read 1178 times)

mr_chichikov

• nothing more to say...
Autoplay of media files on CD-Rom in MJ 8
« on: May 30, 2003, 09:31:56 am »

I've found that while my MJ8 will happily autoplay audio CDs (with some help from TweakUI for Windows XP and Jaguu's informative post in the MC9 forum on the subject), it's having difficulties finding the playlist file on a data music CD.

I burnt the CD using MJ 8, and the .m3u file is in the root directory, but MJ ignores it. It finds the files OK, but arranges them alphabetically by file or song name, irrespective of the sorting options in Tree & View settings.

Opening Playlist.m3u from the CD works fine, and all the tracks are there in the correct order. Is there a way to automate this process??

In TweakUI I've set mjextman.exe as a handler for music files and am using

DEVICE=D "%L"

in the Args box, although I'm well aware that an alteration here could solve the problem. I've had a glance at the MJ and MC Command Line parameters page at

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/CommandLine.html

but still no joy yet..

Cheers all!

Before I forget -

Media Jukebox  8.0.398
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 2147 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

shdbcamping

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:  Autoplay of media files on CD-Rom in MJ
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 07:43:52 pm »

have you tried adding the cd files to Playing Now and shuffling them?

unless you want them in the same order as you "wanted" them put onto the data disc.

Remember, though, that MP3 decoding devices go alpha-numerically from the "filenames" for "their" order. and that's also the way that MJ burns data discs as near as i can tell. It doesn't matter what order you have them in when you go to burn a data disc. The m3u file just says which ones to play when.

I have an mp3 decoding kenwood in my car. I get around this problem by copying the files that i want to burn to data disc to a "dummy" directory, Clear MJ library, import files from "dummy" directory, add all files to playing now, put them in the order i want (or shuffle), highlight all files, go to file properties, choose fill track#'s from list order, then choose rename files from tag info... BUT change the filenaming to put the Track# first. This makes the files play in the order i want them with the hiccup exception that players do leading 0's then leading 1's, then leading 2's etc. in their alpha-numeric process. the players can read the ID3 tag info, so i always know song name and artist as they play.

It's not as tedious as it looks when you read it. I'm just waiting for smarter hardware.

mr_chichikov

• nothing more to say...
Re:  Autoplay of media files on CD-Rom in MJ
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 04:44:45 pm »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, renaming the files before I burnt them with the track numbers in the order I wanted them e.g.

01 - group - song title
02 - group - song title etc.

had occured to me as a reasonable work-around. There's a good utility called Tag&Rename which automates the process. But Windows Media Player will read the .m3u files on burnt CDs from the off and MJ8 won't (or I don't know how to get it to co-operate), which is still a little annoying...
Pages: [1]   Go Up