INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I mute when recording TV  (Read 1363 times)

unhappycamper

• Recent member
How do I mute when recording TV
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:58:53 pm »

How do I mute when recording from TV? The sound comes thru the PC's speakers when I record a TV program and interferes with other programs. I can mute when recording thru ATI's Multimedia Center so I know it can be done. I can't believe a program with the power that MC has can't do this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: How do I mute when recording TV
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:34:01 am »

This is not in the design. There are a couple of workarounds depending on the kind of device you have.

If your device requires a cable connecting from the TV card to the sound card (you would have checked the "This device requires a cable to route sound directly to the sound card" checkbox), you can just open the Windows Master Volume control and mute the line to which the cable is connected.

The other workaround requires you to record from Media Scheduler, instead of manually start recording. For scheduled recording, you can edit the value of "Want Preview" at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings\. Changing the value to 0 will prevent TV (both video and audio) from showing during scheduled recording.

EDIT: The second option above is available on Options\Recording for MC12. For MC11 you have to use the registry workaround.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up