INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum login problems.  (Read 1385 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Forum login problems.
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:16:17 am »

Starting tonight, I'm suddenely having trouble with the forum.  When I click on an email notification to get to a thread in this forum, it opens normally in my web browser, but when I try to post or reply in that thread, I get this message:

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Also, the top of the page now shows me as logged out.

If I go to the "General" heading of the forum, it also shows me as logged out.  If I then hit the login link, I can login and NOW I can get back to the MC12 Beta forum, AND I can once again post here.  The next time I come to the forum via an email notification link, however, the whole thing starts again and I have to do the "login dance" once again.

This wasn't happening earlier today.  I have confirmed that NO changes have been made to any security settings -- everything was working, I left and came back, and it was no longer working.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Forum login problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:41:06 am »

Did anything change recently that may have effected this?  I noticed that one system still works as usual, but the other does not.  On closer investigation, I found that a different site was coming up in ZoneAlarm's "site" list called "accesories.jrmediacenter.com."  If I give this site full access permission in ZoneAlarm, it works normally again.  The odd thing is that this site does not show up at ALL on the "other" system, and I don't need to give the other system any special access permission.

I did delete the IExplorer "index.dat" file just in case it was corrupt, but this did not change the behavior.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:01:49 am »

What is "accessories.jrmediacenter.com," and why does only ONE of my systems indicate that cookies from this site are needed to remain logged into the forum?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 06:13:36 am »

It's suddenely working again now.  I have no idea if it was some combination of deleting cookies/rebooting/etc., or if something changed on the server end.  The important thing is that it's working again.

I'll leave this thread here just for future reference (in case anyone sees this issue at some point and searches the forums.)

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 08:55:10 am »

cookies from this site are needed to remain logged into the forum?

Cookies are required to stay logged in

Sometimes Anti-Spyware Programs block the cookies

Also the level of security set in the browser has an effect.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:55:22 am »

Cookies are required to stay logged in

Sometimes Anti-Spyware Programs block the cookies

Also the level of security set in the browser has an effect.

What I experienced, however, was a situation where a different system required DIFFERENT cookies to be "always allowed" in order to make it work corrrectly.

As I said, however, it suddenely started working again, and both systems now show the SAME cookies being used when I log in.  Everything is working normally again.

CORRECTION: I made a typo in the line above this one that said "not show" when it should have said "now show."  I corrected it.  The point is that both systems NOW show the same behavior and the SAME cookies.

Thanks,

Larry

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:12:11 am »

accessories is an alias for yabb. Perhaps you were having a dns lookup problem and i.e. used a cached reverse lookup?? It's deep sea fishing I know but I've seen stranger things happen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up