INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent Search from resetting Browsing session and Playing Now  (Read 860 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Prevent Search from resetting Browsing session and Playing Now
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:34 pm »

Ok, so you can't search for something in MC on the fly, since it resets browsing sessions. ?  You can however after browsing and placing songs in the playing now list, further refine the selection in the search box.  ;D  The problem that I have is that you CANNOT update the order of this list (it's greyed out) and thus if you wanted to do some more browsing, your playing now list is reset.  :'(

THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!

So either stop making searches reset browsing sessions, or at the very least provide the option to to update the playing now list after setting a search filter (or how about both).    PLEASE!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Prevent Search from resetting Browsing session and Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:52:04 pm »

I hope this gets looked at.  I am supprised others have not wondered about this, how would you say it, 'running into a brick wall' type of usability.  I thing there are 2 options that oculd be  done to fix this:

1) The pivot point for resetting your browser session should be in ONE place and that is the 'Click Here To Reset Selction', button.

2) The other option is to add an addtional search box in each view header that doesn't reset browsing sessions, and rather acts more like a powerfull filter.  The standard seach would do what normally does in acting as a global search.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up