INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pause + Network Drive = Delayed Write Failure, possible data loss  (Read 1179 times)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen

This is another bugger that has been around since 11.1. All my music files are stored on a network drive (Ximeta Netdisk using Ximeta's drivers). If I leave MC paused for a long period of time — like if I forget and leave it on pause overnight — sooner or later I will get a "Delayed Write Failure" error message on the Netdisk and all PCs on the network will lose access to it.

When it happens, I have to unregister the Netdisk on all PCs, power cycle the disk, then look up the ID codes and re-register it on each PC. But, worse than that, I fear it may be damaging the Netdisk, especially when I see things like this in the event log:

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost.

***This problem has only and always happened when MC is left paused.***

I try to remember not to leave MC paused very long so it doesn't happen to me very often anymore, but it happened to me again last night and with the stop button removed I think it is more important to fix or come up with an alternate solution.

If there is no fix, maybe there could be an option to have MC change from paused to stop after a period of inactivity, say, 10 minutes?
Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up