INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie and theater view  (Read 1662 times)

just_buck

• Recent member
Newbie and theater view
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:34:45 pm »

I've been searching the posts for about 2 hours now, and I'm either using wrong key words or I'm too generic.
So if this is a repost, please forgive me and please point me in the right direction!

Here's what I'm wanting to know. 

In the theater view.  I select Video, and it brings up the large thumbnails of the different "genres".
eg. music videos, tv shows, movies, etc.

How can I tell the theatre view which image I would like to use at this "generic" level.

It also seems that going another level down such as tv shows, "all" will just pick whatever image it wants.
can this be changed?

Lastly.......  again w/ tv shows....  the main image comes up, but if you have a show w/ several seasons, it will again just pick whatever image....  again, can this be changed?

I have all the shows tagged and the seasons broke down w/ the correct art.  I'm just wondering about the main screens.....  and boy I hope I'm making sense!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie and theater view
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 02:58:48 am »

You will have a hard time adding custom images/art for each category of TV shows etc. It have been requested alot of times, the ability to add artist art, genre art, series and tv show art etc. etc. As it is now it will only show one image from all of the movie. Not sure if it's totally random, but most likely it's not a easy quick solution here.

Some of your other plans might be more doable. If I did not read your post totally wrong, I think you are looking for a similar setup of what I did.
You can read about it here, and use whatever you need of it.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44472.0
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

just_buck

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:36:44 am »

Thanks for responding!!!  Not sure if what you're doing though is what I'm looking to accomplish...

But judging by what you stated, what I want to do probably can't be accomplished.

But I'll give 1 more example just incase it helps to better explain.

On the video menu, it has thumbview that says TV Shows. 
The picture that it uses is just some picture from one of the series in the category.
I'd like to be able to tell it what picture to use.

Go another level....  It shows all my TV Shows as thumbviews.
But if a series have several seasons, this image will be again, whatever image from the sub.
The main picture may show some cover art from season 4 that I really don't like.

now when I go in the actual season listings, of course the art work is there and looks proper.

It's just the main menus and "all" that I would like to change.
If it would help, I could try doing some screen shots to show what I'm talking about, because I could be unclear...

Again, thank you taking the time to reply back to me!!!

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:34 pm »

No, you made it pretty clear now. II don't think it can be done.
Not sure exactly wich cover are chosen as the "front" one in a collection.
If it's random, it's hopeless. If it pics the same image all the time, you CAN manipulate it by changeing that exact image.
I have about 35 series though, and the front image chosen seems to change alot.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 01:38:39 pm »

I was wondering if it were possible to do the same thing when I'm at the Music>Artist level.

For instance, some artists have an album cover from one album that identifies them immediately, for example: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (The Prism), Nirvana Nevermind (naked baby swimming after dollar bill), etc.  I would like to have these covers shown as the thumbnail for the artist rather than a cover that is somewhat obscure and not immediately recognizable.

Maybe an alternative would be to have the thumbnail show a slideshow of the covers when the mouse is over it (like in Standard View).

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 04:09:27 pm »

Not for artist. Not for any category.
I really hope this will be impemented for MC13. Would be a dream come true to be able to add custom artist art, tv show art etc. on each category.
Would be even better if you could have several of them. For example 4 images of the artist, wich could be shown in addition to that ablum art in a slide show and the ability to make use of this in some sort of track info template.

I'll buy an extra license and donate it to a friend if the latter are implemented :)

just_buck

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:06 pm »

I thank you for answering my question, even if it's the answer I didn't want to hear!  :)

Perhaps down the line they will give us these types of options.

Thanks again!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up