INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An interim solution to Sansa playlist troubles  (Read 1855 times)

Marc Peters

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
An interim solution to Sansa playlist troubles
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:06:52 pm »

I was unable to get playlists to show in Sansa that were created by Media Center when it was in MSC mode. They worked in MTP mode... but MTP sucks.

Anyway, some guy wrote a little program that converts the m3u files made by MC into .pla files that Sansa likes.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537&highlight=playlist (link to the forum) You do have to register to download it.

It works great for me, I just point it at my playlist folder on Sansa and hit convert and it does all the work. I don't even have to delete the m3u files after it's done. It remembers the folder it last converted so the process is pretty quick. (It converts playlists extrememly fast. Give it a try, saving me a lot of grief so far.

Marc R Peters

jasonod

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: An interim solution to Sansa playlist troubles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:03:59 am »

Marc,

I have the sansa e270 and want to create playlists.  I'm not very tech savvy and have been trying to figure out this m3u2pla program for the last 3 days- all to no avail.  I'm obviously using MC 11 and not Media Monkey so I really have trouble following the directions.

At one point it looked like I had playlists on the device but when I went to view them, it was just a bunch of symbols.  Can you walk me thru step by step?  Please help if you can,

Jasonod

SwellGuy

Re: An interim solution to Sansa playlist troubles
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:30:29 am »

Because the Sansa players present so many problems while in MSC mode we suggest that you transfer/sync with the device in MTP mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up