INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to define a girder 4 key to this..  (Read 4515 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
how to define a girder 4 key to this..
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:03:10 am »

hi all

ive been away for a long time (round the world trip  ;D). ive finally had time to sit down and re-build my HTPC and ive noticed new commands in the MC dev zone regarding Theatre view:

/ theater view modes
enum SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODES
{
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_HOME,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_PLAYING_NOW,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_AUDIO,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_IMAGES,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_VIDEOS,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_PLAYLISTS,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_CD_DVD,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_TV,

now if i understood it well (and that may not be the case since i have 0 knowledge in comp programing) i can use these commands somehow with girder so that i can have a button for theatre view home and theatre view playing now. I would really appriciate if anyone could tell me which girder command i need to use or how to use these above commands!

thx alot

Zeltak

gappie

Re: how to define a girder 4 key to this..
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:02:50 am »

dont know about the commands you refer to. but you could use the file execute command with
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe
and
/MCC 22001,1
in the parameters to get home in theater view.

and
/MCC 22001,2
for playing now

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:05:04 am »

It would be much faster in Girder to use the build in Windows Message functionality, rather than to call MC11.exe.

I've posted my GML files for MC11.1 here which use Girder's Windows Message functions to send commands.  If you take a look, you should be able to figure it out (and if you can't, just ask).

To figure out which "numbers" to send via the Windows Message, you use this document:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h

In the document, there will be sections like this:

Code: [Select]
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // View (range 22,000 to 23,000)
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    MCC_VIEW_SECTION = 22000,
    MCC_TOGGLE_MODE = 22000,                       // [-1: Next Mode, 0: Standard, 1: Mini, 2: Full Screen, 3: Theater View, 4: Windowed]
    MCC_THEATER_VIEW,                              // [SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODES Mode]
    MCC_PARTY_MODE,                                // [ignore]
    MCC_SHOW_TREE_ROOT,                            // [int nTreeRootIndex]
    MCC_FIND_MUSIC,                                // [wchar * pstrSearch (note: memory will be deleted by receiver)]
    MCC_BACK,                                      // [int nLevels (0 does 1 level)]
    MCC_FORWARD,                                   // [int nLevels (0 does 1 level)]
    MCC_REFRESH,                                   // [ignore]
    MCC_SET_LIST_STYLE,                            // [int nListStyle (-1 toggles)]

What you want to do is if you wanted to send a command to switch to Theater View mode, you'd send:

Command: 22000
Parameter: 3

If you wanted to send MCC_BACK you'd use:

Command: 22005
Parameter: 0

It's 22005 because in the list above it's 5 "lines" down from the one labelled 22000.

When you enter them into Girder using Windows Message, you add the command and the parameter as separate "items" (rather when you use MC11.exe you separate them with a comma) and there's a separate number you have to use (which you can get from my GML files).   You might want to look at this thread here where Doof and I figured some stuff out:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33245.msg227684#msg227684

That reminds me, I should really update those GMLs to the newest versions and post my MC12 ones...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 01:59:10 am »

Great stuff Guys!

thx alot, it really helped!! ;D  just one quick Q. where did you find the 22001,2 command and so on (switch views inside MC theatre mode) its not in the dev zone docs...i wanted to know if there is a similar command to assign a key to switch between G-force and the track info template!

thx again

Zeltak

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:06:58 am »

Sure it is!  The commands are defined in the Dev Zone Windows Messages document:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h

I even pasted the section which shows the 22001 command (that's what's in the code block above), and you posted the section that shows what the Parameter does.

Code: [Select]
// theater view modes
enum SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODES
{
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_HOME,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_PLAYING_NOW,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_AUDIO,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_IMAGES,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_VIDEOS,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_PLAYLISTS,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_CD_DVD,
    SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_TV,
};

Enum (enumeration) blocks simply define sets of integers which start with 0 unless they're otherwise specified.  These are often used to as option "sets" just like they are in MC.

So since the first one isn't set explicitly as = anything, this one starts with 0.

SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW = 0
SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_HOME = 1
SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_PLAYING_NOW = 2
and so on and so forth.

In the "command" block enum above, since the first one in the block is set manually to 22000, the next one is 22001, and then 22002, and so on and so forth.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:19:11 am »

GREAT STUFF!!

Thx alot glynor!! really appriciated, went through it again and found out all the stuff i need. One thing though is the switch between display modes (trackinfo,g-force etc...). Can this be done at ll or am i wasting my time trying to figure it out. all i need is to have a command to switch from track info to g-force (and assign it with girder to a buton  ;D)

thx again

Zeltak

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 09:27:44 am »

Thx alot glynor!! really appriciated, went through it again and found out all the stuff i need. One thing though is the switch between display modes (trackinfo,g-force etc...). Can this be done at ll or am i wasting my time trying to figure it out. all i need is to have a command to switch from track info to g-force (and assign it with girder to a buton  ;D)

That would be nice.  I've never tried it though.  I just looked through the MCCommands header file and it doesn't look like it...

In case anyone wants it, to make my eyes bleed a little less when viewing the MCCommands.h file, I converted it to an Excel file and explicitly numbered all the enums.  You can grab it here:

http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MCCommands_Numbered.xls

gappie

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 09:57:51 am »

im still not really understand the windows message with girder. do i do that in the command capture window?
guess i can find that out myself have to change all the commands anyway for mc12.

gappie

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 04:35:37 am »

since i had to redo all the commands for the remote, i looked into a nicer way to create and maintain all those commands in girder. without all those window picking and stuff. i ended up using the scripting tool from girder

on the startup from mc (task create) i define two variables. mcHandle and mcMessage like this:

mcHandle=win.FindWindow("MJFRAME",nil)
mcMessage=33768

for the remote buttons i now only have to use the next script:

win.SendMessage(mcHandle,mcMessage,xxxxxx,y)

where xxxxxx is the command and y the parameter.

so play/pause would be:

win.SendMessage(mcHandle,mcMessage,10000,0)

toggle fullscreen would be

win.SendMessage(mcHandle,mcMessage,22000,2)

also easy to use with conditionals etc.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:09:50 pm »

Hello,
Does anyone happen to know how to toggle between monitors for Full Screen in MC view with Girder. (with the mouse it's done in Display Options -> Select Dosplay 1 or Display 2 from the listbox).
Any help/hint would be greatly appreciated.
glynor?
anyone?

TIA!

max

It would be much faster in Girder to use the build in Windows Message functionality, rather than to call MC11.exe.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 11:24:44 pm »

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 11:14:05 am »

im still not really understand the windows message with girder. do i do that in the command capture window?
guess i can find that out myself have to change all the commands anyway for mc12.

It is not through the command capture window.  You add a SendMessage action, which is found under the Windows folder in the Actions pane in Girder4.    You need to have the SendMessage plugin loaded to have this option (File --> Settings --> Plug-in Settings).

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 08:35:19 pm »

:(
Is there any way to record actions to navigate to that option and change it i(with girder)?
I tried Send Message and Command Capture..
There should be a way.. or I am wrong here?

Sorry.  I don't.   ::)

gappie

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 08:10:22 am »

Hello,
Does anyone happen to know how to toggle between monitors for Full Screen in MC view with Girder. (with the mouse it's done in Display Options -> Select Dosplay 1 or Display 2 from the listbox).
Any help/hint would be greatly appreciated.
glynor?
anyone?

TIA!

max

you could do it with actions>windows>move.

becuase i had different resolutions it did not work very well. so i made a macro:
close theaterview
restore mc window (also under windowsactions in girder)
move to other screen
maximize
open theaterview

to move back also, make a second macro moving the other way abd give the two macros two states one triggerd in 1 and the other one at 2.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 05:20:50 pm »

Aha!
Thanks a bunch! I'll give this a try tonite.
(A similar idea visited my mind briefly but escaped before I cought it)

you could do it with actions>windows>move.

becuase i had different resolutions it did not work very well. so i made a macro:
close theaterview
restore mc window (also under windowsactions in girder)
move to other screen
maximize
open theaterview

to move back also, make a second macro moving the other way abd give the two macros two states one triggerd in 1 and the other one at 2.

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 10:28:36 am »

A little off subject but I have noticed in version 12 the MCC_TREE_ADD_TO_PLAYING_NOW - 25007 command has stopped working.  Does anyone know of a replacement?

By the way glynor thanks for the gml and Excel file, they have been a great help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 11:51:25 am »

By the way glynor thanks for the gml and Excel file, they have been a great help.

No problem.

I don't know the answer though...

raldo

Arrow keys as core commands?!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 04:10:43 pm »

Hello,

I use Girder 4 with MC 11.1 . I use MC11.1 *unfocused*  and this works well for most commands.

The ones I'm missing are the arrow keys for theater View navigation. Has anyone found a solution for this?

gappie

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 05:06:16 pm »

since theaterview always has the focus (unless you disabled that in the options) i use <UP> in the keyboard action, with in the window picker: match forground task.
end down etc.

gappie

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 05:32:20 pm »

A little off subject but I have noticed in version 12 the MCC_TREE_ADD_TO_PLAYING_NOW - 25007 command has stopped working.  Does anyone know of a replacement?

no sorry, i dont know. there are someother mcc commands that stopped working, we just have to hope that all the commands in the list will be available again, in the end.

raldo

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 11:33:32 am »

Gappie,

I see what you mean and Girder/MC works when MC is in focus.

The thing is, I'd like to do other things with my PC even with Theater view active. I have a Samsung 40'' and a smaller LCD which I use when surfing, paying my bills, and so on.

So near, yet so far...

Pages: [1]   Go Up