INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First impression (proxy, watched folders ...)  (Read 1082 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
First impression (proxy, watched folders ...)
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:44:03 am »

Hi,

First, thanks for letting me in on the beta testing. I'll try to keep my contributions as relevant and uniqe (not repeat old issues) as possible :)

These are my first improvement suggesiton (number 1 really needed):

1. No possibility to setup other than IE proxy. On my old work computer i had the possibility to change my proxy in IE even thou it would be reset every reboot. Unfortunatly, on my new work laptop, there is no way i can change this anymore, since security has removed all options in IE. Even thou I am a local administrator. Many features is therefore blocked by our default proxy (YADB and etc). I am left to using a third party software for downloading tags and images...

2. When adding a watch folder, it's no hints of where to view added folders. Beeing used to Mc11, I clicked the tools - add folder to library. And expected the wathec folders to be viewable in this view. Since they has been moved to the options view, maybe put a link into this view on the add folder dialog. Or at least mention it in this dialog.

3. When adding a folder to library, not as watched folder, maybe add it as history in the dropdown list. This i think would come in handy.

4. I would like to be able to search a song for custom fields. I see this might not be easy implemented very nicely, but how about just a library tool "search/view song for custom fields", and a "Add field to library"-button. Would help when I forget my custom field names.

PS:
If improvemt suggestions is not concidered now (only bugs), just say so and i'll shut up ;)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up