INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ot: videosaver  (Read 538 times)

Dragyn

ot: videosaver
« on: September 09, 2002, 03:18:36 pm »

I've been using this screen saver for the last few days and it got me thinkin': wouldn't this make a great addition to MJ's video support. Let me explain how it works..

It's a user configurable screen saver that plays videos using the WMP engine, just like in MJ. You create a playlist to include your video and each entry has configurable settings. These settings include: Loops, Size (Maximized, Full Screen, 1/2 screen, 1/4 screen, original, double original) Bounce (moves the video up and down the screen...probably wouldn't need that), Volume (0-100%, adjusts volume before playing), Style (Monitor / Desktop), and speed (probably wouldn't need that either). Each video has it's own settings. This is good for varying types of videos (resolution, etc.). It also can play the playlist in random order. There are also hot keys (left, right: prev/next; up, down: volume).

This would benefit MJ because I rarely can play video withouts have to configure the zoom (100%, 200%, Full). All this data could be entered into the database just as you would audio files. MJ could remember the setting for every file. This program has a defualt setting that can be used without messing around with extras. MJ could do what it does now for that.

The nice thing about this is it's mainly for more than one monitor. You can have all your screens playing the same video or use both screens as one big one. And what's even better is when the screen saver kicks in, it resumes where it left off.

I just thought it was a cool program and some things in it could be useful for MJ9.

Here's the link if you want to try it out (shareware): http://www.realtimesoft.com/videosaver/
Pages: [1]   Go Up