INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display action windows  (Read 1051 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Display action windows
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:07:47 pm »

I'd just like to reiterate that I think that when you play something (especially images or video) it should force the display action window  to come to the top of the stack. It's annoying having to click on it to bring it up when you clearly have clicked on the "Play" link of a video. It is an unecessary click.

And following on from that. I want to say again that having that little display window down there is just great. I hardly ever go to "Playing Now any more, except when i want to see information about the files that are playing.
... However, I do find my self detaching the display a lot. It's be so nice to have a little icon on  the border of the display action window which detaches the screen. It would save an extra click.

So that's two clicks that could be saved. My final request would be to have the Image display action window, that you access by clicking on the thumbnail in the tag window, pop up automatically when you are in an image viewshceme. I like to use fairly small thumbnails in my list, so having that bigger preview of the file always being display there at the side, would be really useful, and a BIG click saver. Currently I have to double click on an image to see it in the display action window (2 clicks every time i want to see an image), or bring up the tag window and then click on the thumbnail (2 clicks). This would be an excellent 0 click solution.

Finally, (and i know this is unlikely to happen) I'd just like to ask again for the image display action window to be detachable. This would be really useful for people with the screen space (dual monitor users), to be able to see the playing now visualisation in their detached display action window, and yet still be able to preview images nice and big in a seperate detached image display window. Great for tagging images while listening to music or watching a movie. This would also allow you to be able to see both the tag window, and the image display window at the same time, something which is currently impossible. And for poeple who wouldnt use it (because they dont want to see windows everyhwere) the simple soution would be, dont use that feature.

None of these requests, if not implemented, would render MC unusable, and I want to say that MC is the most usuable it's ever been for me at the moment, so thanks for making the action window area so powerful and flexible. I think that my suggestions would make MC more intuitive to what the user is doing and even smoother to use though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up