INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC keeps crashing while trying to build library. Ideas or suggestions please  (Read 1756 times)

12sec5ltr

• Recent member

Hello, I am having trouble with MC crashing as It builds the library database.   My source for the library is located on a fast 2tb array that is hosted by a high end 3ware raid card.   I tried first on a 3.1ghz celeron system with 1 gig of ram and I thought maybe the wimpy processor couldn't handle it.  Next I installed MC 11 on another computer with a Pentium 3.2ghz dual core processor with 2 gig of ram and it did exactly the same thing.  I just get an error message from windows that says media center has generated an error and needs to shut down.   Both installs where on winxp machines with only basic antivirus software and zonealarm.   I spent almost a month converting my dvd collection to divx so I could use a HTPC.  My collection is 863 GIG and each movie is in it's own folder for a total of 921 folders.   As I said before my collection is on a high end server and the connection from the server to the "someday" htpc is a GBE connection with premium cat 6 cable.   The crashes occur at different times during the process and I can't narrow it down to one particular media file where it fails.  Any help or ideas would be great.  Should I split my collection a few times and import it a piece at a time? What about the media server function?  Should I Install MC on my server and use the Media server feature to my HTPC.  All thoughts, ideas, criticism, or help of any kind would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

There are a couple of similar problems in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.0

Can you copy your system info from Help and paste it here?

12sec5ltr

• Recent member

I looked through that thread quite a bit and tried a few things from there without any luck, Should I post the information from when it crashes or just when it is running stable?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Can you copy your system info from Help and paste it here?

12sec5ltr

• Recent member

Media Center Registered 11.1.200 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3196 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1782 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

12sec5ltr

• Recent member

the first one is from the "client computer"
The second one is from the Server.

I don't have a dvd writer in either of them, waiting untill I can get something working before I put a drive into the htpc.  trying to keep all software and hardware to a minimum to try and find the problem.  Also of interest my server has 4GB memory but only reports 2MB in system info of mc

Media Center Registered 11.1.200 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3379 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1824 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

12sec5ltr

• Recent member

Now It's Crashing at Random, I got the Library to import, but then it just runs extremely unstable.  It will crash at any time for no specific reason
Pages: [1]   Go Up