INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Priority management  (Read 725 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Priority management
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:03:16 am »

MC has one little long time problem, which should be solved. The most important thing for any multimedia player I think is that it plays the files it can play without any hanging or skipping.

Longer time ago you guys told me its by design, that we cannot set the file buffer length up to 5 seconds without having to wait this 5 seconds for any seeking step. If Nullsoft would use the same design, I would be sitting here waiting always 20 seconds on any seek happening. But for my luck: they have there own design. Ok, I learned to live with this issue.

BUT: when MC (11 and especially MC12) is doing a bigger job, like opening a big playlist having the the playlist tree open in action window (MC12) or just open the entire Library (MC 11+12) sometimes (not always) MC stops playing until the view is updated and MC needs much more time to initial crossfade so that there is a separated fade out of the old song and a fade in of the new one.

When it is still not possible to change your design, perhaps it is possible, to give the playback engine the highest priority so that it can never happen, that MC steels its own resources needed to play a file securely. It would not be a big thing to wait a few seconds longer for any view update but it is a big thing to have a break with playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up