INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using ConvolverFilter in DirectX host  (Read 1173 times)

alu

• Recent member
Using ConvolverFilter in DirectX host
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:45 am »

I have just starting using this convolver in J River MC with pretty good results:

http://convolver.sourceforge.net/

The Convolver is hosted by using the DirectX host plugin. Digital Room correction is really worth a try (Check out http://www.duffroomcorrection.com).

However, a couple of annoying issues:
1. When streaming radio over internet, the convolve filter does not work anymore, and I have to explicit include the filter again when playing ape, mp3 etc. I cannot select the ConvolveFilter checkbox when radio is streaming.

2. Switching between tracks gives an awful sound. Seems like there is a lof of music in the buffer that is not cleared in a descent way.

Has anyone else experience with this?

alu

• Recent member
Re: Using ConvolverFilter in DirectX host
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:47:09 am »

I have made some progress regarding the switching between tracks issue:  I use the "Cross-fade (smooth) -0.1s" setting, and the switching is now actually quite smooth.

So the only issue that I'm having is the radio stream issue (example of a stream: mms://straumr.nrk.no/nrk_radio_ndro_p1_h)

BTW, when using this plugin in Microsoft Mediaplayer everything works fine.

alu

• Recent member
Re: Using ConvolverFilter in DirectX host
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:31:04 am »

The radio streams that I have problems with are 48kHz. The filter I am using is of 44.1kHz. Obviously, this does not match. When resample (using Output Format in DSP Studio) everything to 44.1kHz, everything works fine. The only concern I have now is that I suspect the Output Format in DSP Studio to resample all my audio, also audio files that are already on 44.1kHz format. Is this correct? In that case: Can I avoid it in some way? I.e. only resample audio that is not on 44.1 format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up