INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.92  (Read 3135 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.92
« on: October 13, 2006, 12:32:21 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120092.exe

History

12.0.92 (10/13/06)

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.
2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.
3. Fixed: Podcast downloads would not show a download percentage.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.
5. Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)
6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.
7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)
8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.
9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)
10. Fixed: While editing a field like "People" in the Action Window, keyboard list navigation didn't work nicely.
11. Optimized: Improved how edit controls (and list edit controls) are created to improve speed. (please report any in-place or AW tagging strangeness)

12.0.91 (10/12/06)

1. Fixed: Library Server would only serve a partial library. (introduced in build 90)
2. Changed: Added a couple of tooltips over the TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page.
3. NEW: Options dialog uses faded images for unselected items.
4. Changed: Tuned the coloring used by Noire for Options page selection.
5. Fixed: If "Name" was listed twice in the tag window, editing either would always edit the second one.
6. Fixed: Auto-library upgrade from Media Center 11 was not working properly. (didn't find MC 11 libraries)
7. NEW: Windows Media (wma) streaming buffered for seeking.
8. NEW: User can choose whether to use "Video Mixing Renderer 9" or "Overlay Mixer" to play video.
9. Fixed: In some cases the aspect ratio setting did not take effect.
10. NEW: Added an "Edit Playlist" menu item for playlist right-click to open in the Action Window.
11. NEW: Added an "Edit" button to the top of a playlist view.
12. Fixed: Library backups could fail. (introduced with build 90)
13. NEW: Added the ability to change the Audible download path (right-click on service in tree).
14. Fixed: Visual Basic interface plugin controls could use skin coloring, even with skinning disabled.
15. Fixed: Theater View textures (buttons, text, etc.) could look torn through the middle.

12.0.90 (10/11/06)

1. Changed: When picking auto-import with no folders configured, a message will be shown.
2. Changed: Removed "run now" from auto-import options. (since it's in the main menu / toolbar)
3. Changed: Direct3D views (Theater View / 3D visualizations) target the video card where the window first appears. (old video cards may render slowly when switching monitors after this)
4. Fixed: TV recording by Scheduler would fail if the user is currently using TV engine.
5. NEW: If Media Scheduler starts a TV recording task while the user is using TV engine in any zone, MC will ask user to confirm interrupting current activity and starting recording scheduled program.
6. Changed: Installer, uninstaller, package installer, and Media Center ask to be a trusted program when running on Vista.
7. Changed: Removed beta timeout.
8. Fixed: Mouse tracking / highlighting of list controls could get stuck on in some cases.
9. Fixed: List control mouse tracking would still operate even if a window was over the top of the list.
10. Changed: In Theater View root configuration, the full row is selectable for an item instead of only the text.
11. Changed: Removed a level of nesting in Options > Playback > Audio.
12. Changed: "Image File" field is now available (and used) for videos as well as audio.
13. NEW: More updated art.
14. NEW: When opening a Media Center library that's already in use by another computer, a read-only version will be opened. (each user computer will have its own thumbnail cache, like with Library Server)
15. NEW: Improved "Party Mode" so that the library lives in its own sandbox -- making it impossible for changes to leak back to the main database.

12.0.89 (10/10/06)

1. NEW: TV user can configure how much video to retain during time-shifting. The default has been increased from 1.5 hour to 5 hours.
2. NEW: Added two options to cache RAW file output as Jpegs.  (This takes the cached file size down from (in the case of a Canon 20D) 25MB's to under 1MB.)
3. NEW: RAW files now provide their ISO, FL, Shutter, Aperature and Camera.
4. NEW: Added grid-lines to Tag window.
5. NEW: Read-only fields show as grey in the Tag window.
6. NEW: MP3 Streams with song titles in the metadata stream: Clicking the >> & << buttons will advance to next or previous title in stream.
7. New: RAW File cache can now be cleared from options.  Code added to invalidate cache files.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking in the tree to play images would not properly give the full-screen display the focus.
9. Fixed: Theater View and 3D visualization textures could look garbled on some systems.
10. Fixed: Media Center would close even though Media Server mode was on.
11. NEW: Added ability to add "Check Watch Folders Now" to the toolbars.
12. NEW: Put "Check Watch Folders Now" in the Tools menu.
13. Changed: Reworked Options > Library > Watch Folders layout.
14. NEW: Interface plugins can set a registry DWORD "Skin" and set it to 0 to disable skinning for the plugin and any child windows. (for parentless popups, use pMJ->SkinWindow(m_hWnd, FALSE))
15. Changed: Renamed add folder to library to use "Import" and "Auto-Import" naming.
16. Changed: Removed tree gridlines that appeared with some skins.
17. Changed: Changed how toolbar buttons look when they're disabled. (use only text color instead of grayscaling)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wickesy

Re: Media Center 12.0.92
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:45:58 pm »

Great, thanks!

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »

6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.

Cool. Will check!!!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »

4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.

Lookin' good... lookin' Real GOOD!!! Thankyou very much. The fonts still look a little ordinary on one of my PCs but each letter apears uniform now at least. I'll put that one down to the old video card.

Now... if only there was a way to turn the background viz off so I could use Theater View on my laptop like I used to ;) In fact, the background viz is stressing this machine out so much that navigating using the arrows can take seconds to happen. The viz is clearly struggling - playing very rough (missing many frames) and sometimes just hanging my system for a second or two at a time.

Thanks again!!!

System Info:
Media Center Registered 12.0.87 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 413 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 576 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:13 pm »

7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)

Yes!!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Rules with other Languages
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 01:00:04 pm »

LonWar

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 01:06:28 pm »

Cool. Will check!!!!

What are the tags that it looks for? Or is it just easier to list what it doesn't look at?

Hopefully it's not gonna re sync a file if it has a different Last Played Date, or Play count
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Rules with other Languages
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 01:31:58 pm »

Just to prevent this error gets lost:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36325.msg247856#msg247856

The untranslated English version of the field name must be used in expressions.  Is this the problem, or is there something else?

Thanks.

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 01:33:53 pm »

8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.

Can you please explain this one? What I think it means, it is still working the same way it has. That is, if I have a long name wider than the tag window and click to edit it, the text is highlighted and the cursor placed at the end of the name so the front of the name can't be seen.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 01:41:33 pm »

Now... if only there was a way to turn the background viz off so I could use Theater View on my laptop like I used to ;) In fact, the background viz is stressing this machine out so much that navigating using the arrows can take seconds to happen. The viz is clearly struggling - playing very rough (missing many frames) and sometimes just hanging my system for a second or two at a time.

Removing the background texture makes very little (or no) difference in the milliseconds per draw.  I think you're simply bumping the limitation of old hardware to refresh the screen.

Try a simple 3D visualization fullscreen. (like ring creation)  My guess is that it'll be slow, even though there are very few textures.

We want to support old hardware, but also need to be forward-looking.  Most newer cards will take nearly 0% of the CPU in the new Theater View.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 01:43:44 pm »

Can you please explain this one? What I think it means, it is still working the same way it has. That is, if I have a long name wider than the tag window and click to edit it, the text is highlighted and the cursor placed at the end of the name so the front of the name can't be seen.

As it should be.  If you edit a short name, it will now be fully visible.  Before, even a short name could scroll out of view.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 02:59:47 pm »

Still there:
When moving the mouse round the filelist (Playing now, Library etc.) the seeking bar, time display and the spectrum analyzer hangs. Sometimes, I'm not able to reproduce it for sure, it playback skips.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 03:31:54 pm »

4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn

Thumbs are fixed.

Thanks

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 03:54:40 pm »

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.

I think this works better now.

2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.

Confirmed that backups are working again.

9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)

Thank you.  This is working great now.

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 04:14:01 pm »

Wow.  Really good build guys.  I like everything here (including those things Larry mentioned just above), and especially my image rotating fix.

I can also confirm that this is fixed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up