INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 library with MC12  (Read 1015 times)

JONCAT

MC11 library with MC12
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:20:10 pm »

"MC12 and MC11.1.191 (or higher) can co-exist on the same PC.  The libraries aren't compatible so they need to be in different locations (which MC12 will do by default)."

Jim I read this and then installed MC12 while leaving MC11 because I wanted to save my schemes and just wasn't ready to uninstall, so MC12 discovered my MC11 library and I approved the load. I haven't yet tried a backup at this point but is this where it would fail? We can load MC11 libraries but not further back them up? Just want to check on this and get some clarification if I should be rebuilding my library from scratch. Everything seems copasetic so far including custom tag fields!

thanks! this is looking really great!
DC

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC11 library with MC12
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:58:34 pm »

I haven't yet tried a backup at this point but is this where it would fail? We can load MC11 libraries but not further back them up? Just want to check on this and get some clarification if I should be rebuilding my library from scratch.

I'm not entirely sure if this will answer your question, but the way it works is like this:  You can restore an MC11 library into MC12, at which point it is converted to an MC12 library.  You can now back up this library in MC12, but you can no longer load THIS library into MC11.  The backup should not fail since as far as MC12 is concerned, the library is now an MC12 library.  The thing you CAN'T do is use the MC12 libraries in MC11, which is why the libraries should be kept in different places if you have both MC11 and MC12 on the system at the same time.

Does this answer your question?

Larry

JONCAT

Re: MC11 library with MC12
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 09:13:44 pm »

Yes, that's perfect; exactly what I was hoping for. It didn't make sense in my head that the 11 library would be incompatible with 12. Late last night I was trying to backup my 12 library and it was taking really long due to some video thumbnails I think.

thanks!
DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up