INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Ipod Video-questions!  (Read 1800 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
New Ipod Video-questions!
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:01:35 pm »

Well... I decided to treat myself this weekend and buy myself a new 80Gb Ipod Video! It's very shiny and doing its job well... and it's made friends nicely with MC12!

Just a few questions that I couldn't find the answer to but I'm sure someone can answer them for me...

1) How on earth do you get video's into the correct folders. I'm converting them fine in Videora but i cant get my music vids to show up in the music videos folder (haven't done any TV Shows yet but will do soon).

2) I seem to remember reading that ratings were transferred back to MC along with play counts but i'm only seeing play counts coming back :(

3) Can you group all the compilations together? There's an option in my iPod but cant find the correct tag in MC

Thats all for now... I'm sure there will be more as i discover more about this wonderful beast! Loving it over my Zen... best move I've made in ages!!! Buying some nice speaker/dock type things soon... *drool* ;)

Thanks

Chris

craft

Re: New Ipod Video-questions!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 04:07:57 am »

null

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:49:53 am »

brainsoup,

1) There is a specific tag for a music video, TV, etc. in the iPod database that we need to set in order for the iPod to see it as such. The problem is MC doesn't make this distinction - we will have to add a field like VIDEO_TYPE to the MC database in order to handle this correctly.

2) The new iPod video may do handling ratings differently - we'll have to do some digging to resolve this.

3) We haven't implemented compilations for the iPod yet.

Regards,
Rick

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:50 am »

craft,

We really have no control over what iTunes does when it manages the iPod.

Regards,
Rick

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 01:59:14 pm »

1) There is a specific tag for a music video, TV, etc. in the iPod database that we need to set in order for the iPod to see it as such. The problem is MC doesn't make this distinction - we will have to add a field like VIDEO_TYPE to the MC database in order to handle this correctly.

Does this mean that it if I add that field then I can set the type of video it is? Or is this something that is going to happen soon?

thanks

chris

SwellGuy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 02:07:45 pm »

It's going to happen soon. Look for the new field "Media Sub Type' in the next build of MC 12.

HaxHax

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 03:04:52 pm »

I have the same problem as craft. After i had uploaded my new 30gb ipod with all my music collection ( why didn't I buy 60GB?! )  and had connected this small black thing to the itunes in order to sync contacts and calendar --> itunes started with : " updating library on"IPOD" "--> and then all my cover art disapperar from ipod.  Podcasts that i imported using MC disappeared too.

I am using MC 12.0.107
Thanks for any advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up