INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.93  (Read 10341 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.0.93
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:26 am »

Can't play "AAC+" streams.

I just noticed that MC12 does not seem to be able to play any of the "AAC+" streams I try on Shoutcast (I get the "MC encountered errors" message.)  I'm not sure what the "+" implies, or if MC could EVER play this type of stream, but I see more and more of this stream type recently, so it looks like this is starting to become an issue.

Thanks,

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 01:04:14 am »

Here's a strange one:-

I have 3 out of 70 videos which MC cannot save tag info to. I'm trying to set the "Album" field and it works at first but after a period of time, the value reverts back to what it was originally (in this case, the date).

The unique thing about these files is that they are Matroska files (MKV) and they are greater than 2 gig in size. My many other MKV files are fine but are also less than 2 gig in size.

The files reside on a network share and are not hidden or read-only or anything like that.

Hmmm, this is happening for AVI's bigger than 2 gig also. Never had this problem with MC11. I can't get the tag info for "Album" to "stick". It looks like it works once you first make the tag change, but re-starting MC and jumping between views a bit (or so it seems) causes the changes to get lost.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 01:13:45 am »

More icon trouble, and "Playing Now" problems over Media Server.

I'm seeing some bugs with the "Playing Now" list when using Media Server.  First, when I load the library on the client, I see the SERVER'S Playing Now list, and the most recently played song from the SERVER shows the "Playing Now" icon.  Even if I clear the PN list on the client, when I restart the program, the PN list (once again from the server) is back again on the client.  The client has always had it's OWN Playing Now list before.

Also, when I play songs either the client OR the server, the PN icon does NOT show up unless there is no cover art for that song.  I've never liked the little album art icons (I'd prefer to just see the "generic" icons instead) but I think that we should definitely still see the PN icon regardless of whether or not the song is tagged with album art.

Thanks,

Larry

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 02:45:18 am »

The odd thing is that backups ARE working for some of us now.  I was getting the "not successful" message when doing backups with the previous version, but the current version no longer has this issue (on my systems.)  My backups all report as "successful" now.

Larry

With me it works fine now when in START menu but NOT in AUDIO, VIDEO or IMAGES. MC12 hangs and need the be shut down with TASK MANAGER.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 03:53:36 am »

Found another problem. Although RAW isn't checked at either the "file associations" or in the Tools/Import Folder/ selection it's taken by MC12. When starting ACDSEE it says "Currently Associated With Media Center".

It did with JPG and TIFF also but when I unchecked them in Tools/Import Folder it was fine.

I guess the only ones associated with MC12 should be the ones checked in Options/File Associations and not the ones checked in Tools/Import Folder for importing them.

What happens with RAW I don't know. It isn't checked at both.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 04:00:35 am »

With me it works fine now when in START menu but NOT in AUDIO, VIDEO or IMAGES. MC12 hangs and need the be shut down with TASK MANAGER.

Backups work for me no matter which view scheme I'm in, including some of my custom View Schemes.  They also work whether or not there is already a backup saved with the same name (MC asks if I want to overwrite the previous one), and whether or not I change the default name.  Using Build 93, I simply can't get backups to fail on either of two different systems.

I wouldn't think this would make any difference, but both of my systems have both MC11 AND MC12 installed.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 04:14:34 am »

mp3 Thumbnail issue over Media Server:

When I add album art to files on the server, the client refuses to create thumbnails for these songs even if I run the "build missing thumbnails" process.  The files on the client continue to show the "blue note" icon even though the server now shows the thumbnails.  This continues even after re-starting MC.

Also, on the client, the image in the TW (Tag Window) is a gray square.  When I click on the gray square, the "Image" window opens and DOES show the art, but when I close the "Image" window, the image in the client's TW continues to show the gray square.  This also continues even after restarting MC.

Thanks,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 07:37:33 am »

MC12 does not go the selected startup location after loading a library. I have set the startup location to be Playing Now, but MC12 starts in Start after changing the active library.

I change libraries constantly during I test and try MC12 functions and this has become irritating.

MC11.1 goes to the selected startup location, as it should.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 10:06:14 am »

Things that need to be fix. 

1).  I had to reimport all song and images

2).  Parameters from one update to another are not being
      copied over, having to reset them all over again.

3).  One specific cover art is attaching itself to many others
      unrelated songs, I'm having to go through and do remove art.

I don't dare update my PC at home until these things are fixed, its just too much work.

Skylar

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 10:14:56 am »

Anybody else get this?

Every so often, when I go to a view scheme, rather than get the thumbnails I expected, it's just all black. It's not like I get just black thumbnails, I mean the entire pane is just black. Nudging the thumbnail size slider fixes it, but then later it will come back. I also occasionally get like just a black bar in between some of the thumbnails. This is running under Vista RC1.

The next time it happens I'll get screenshots and actually post my System Info. :P

DarkPenguin

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2006, 10:35:20 am »

Nevermind.  Park's sample shows this.

stirfry

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2006, 11:23:40 am »

Hi the Enable Scroll bars doesn't seem to work for the Track Info part of the Display.  This doesn't work in the Navigation bar or in Playing Now.  Nice little feature if its supposed to work  ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:06 am »

Hi the Enable Scroll bars doesn't seem to work for the Track Info part of the Display.  This doesn't work in the Navigation bar or in Playing Now.  Nice little feature if its supposed to work  ;)

You may need to restart playback for the change to take effect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2006, 01:58:47 pm »

Nevermind.  Park's sample shows this.

Was this addressed to me?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up