INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.93  (Read 10340 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.93
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:33:07 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120093.exe

History

12.0.93 (10/13/06)

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.
3. NEW: Added more handheld lossy cache options.

12.0.92 (10/13/06)

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.
2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.
3. Fixed: Podcast downloads would not show a download percentage.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.
5. Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)
6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.
7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)
8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.
9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)
10. Fixed: While editing a field like "People" in the Action Window, keyboard list navigation didn't work nicely.
11. Optimized: Improved how edit controls (and list edit controls) are created to improve speed. (please report any in-place or AW tagging strangeness)

12.0.91 (10/12/06)

1. Fixed: Library Server would only serve a partial library. (introduced in build 90)
2. Changed: Added a couple of tooltips over the TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page.
3. NEW: Options dialog uses faded images for unselected items.
4. Changed: Tuned the coloring used by Noire for Options page selection.
5. Fixed: If "Name" was listed twice in the tag window, editing either would always edit the second one.
6. Fixed: Auto-library upgrade from Media Center 11 was not working properly. (didn't find MC 11 libraries)
7. NEW: Windows Media (wma) streaming buffered for seeking.
8. NEW: User can choose whether to use "Video Mixing Renderer 9" or "Overlay Mixer" to play video.
9. Fixed: In some cases the aspect ratio setting did not take effect.
10. NEW: Added an "Edit Playlist" menu item for playlist right-click to open in the Action Window.
11. NEW: Added an "Edit" button to the top of a playlist view.
12. Fixed: Library backups could fail. (introduced with build 90)
13. NEW: Added the ability to change the Audible download path (right-click on service in tree).
14. Fixed: Visual Basic interface plugin controls could use skin coloring, even with skinning disabled.
15. Fixed: Theater View textures (buttons, text, etc.) could look torn through the middle.

12.0.90 (10/11/06)

1. Changed: When picking auto-import with no folders configured, a message will be shown.
2. Changed: Removed "run now" from auto-import options. (since it's in the main menu / toolbar)
3. Changed: Direct3D views (Theater View / 3D visualizations) target the video card where the window first appears. (old video cards may render slowly when switching monitors after this)
4. Fixed: TV recording by Scheduler would fail if the user is currently using TV engine.
5. NEW: If Media Scheduler starts a TV recording task while the user is using TV engine in any zone, MC will ask user to confirm interrupting current activity and starting recording scheduled program.
6. Changed: Installer, uninstaller, package installer, and Media Center ask to be a trusted program when running on Vista.
7. Changed: Removed beta timeout.
8. Fixed: Mouse tracking / highlighting of list controls could get stuck on in some cases.
9. Fixed: List control mouse tracking would still operate even if a window was over the top of the list.
10. Changed: In Theater View root configuration, the full row is selectable for an item instead of only the text.
11. Changed: Removed a level of nesting in Options > Playback > Audio.
12. Changed: "Image File" field is now available (and used) for videos as well as audio.
13. NEW: More updated art.
14. NEW: When opening a Media Center library that's already in use by another computer, a read-only version will be opened. (each user computer will have its own thumbnail cache, like with Library Server)
15. NEW: Improved "Party Mode" so that the library lives in its own sandbox -- making it impossible for changes to leak back to the main database.

12.0.89 (10/10/06)

1. NEW: TV user can configure how much video to retain during time-shifting. The default has been increased from 1.5 hour to 5 hours.
2. NEW: Added two options to cache RAW file output as Jpegs.  (This takes the cached file size down from (in the case of a Canon 20D) 25MB's to under 1MB.)
3. NEW: RAW files now provide their ISO, FL, Shutter, Aperature and Camera.
4. NEW: Added grid-lines to Tag window.
5. NEW: Read-only fields show as grey in the Tag window.
6. NEW: MP3 Streams with song titles in the metadata stream: Clicking the >> & << buttons will advance to next or previous title in stream.
7. New: RAW File cache can now be cleared from options.  Code added to invalidate cache files.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking in the tree to play images would not properly give the full-screen display the focus.
9. Fixed: Theater View and 3D visualization textures could look garbled on some systems.
10. Fixed: Media Center would close even though Media Server mode was on.
11. NEW: Added ability to add "Check Watch Folders Now" to the toolbars.
12. NEW: Put "Check Watch Folders Now" in the Tools menu.
13. Changed: Reworked Options > Library > Watch Folders layout.
14. NEW: Interface plugins can set a registry DWORD "Skin" and set it to 0 to disable skinning for the plugin and any child windows. (for parentless popups, use pMJ->SkinWindow(m_hWnd, FALSE))
15. Changed: Renamed add folder to library to use "Import" and "Auto-Import" naming.
16. Changed: Removed tree gridlines that appeared with some skins.
17. Changed: Changed how toolbar buttons look when they're disabled. (use only text color instead of grayscaling)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

Re: Media Center 12.0.93
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:03:30 pm »

Keeping my fingers crossed as I say this, I believe the issues I was having in builds a couple of weeks ago with failure to convert or analyze WAV files is . . . GONE!

It's been a while since I tested this, so I don't know if changes were made to v.093 or some earlier build or not at all and it was either my machine or my imagination all along, but as of today she's gone!

FWIW, the hangup was always at the end of the progress bar for a track being analyzed or converted, and appeared to be at the "update database" step, as disabling that option remedied the problem.  So a big "thank you" to the jriver crew and/or random chance!

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:14:12 pm »

Library backup works properly now. Thanks.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:09:49 pm »

Just installed MC12 on my HTPC and I have to say, the new Theater View is nice.

However, Display View is kind of a pain in an HTPC setting. I used to use Theater View and Full Screen View to get the desired results. Now having Display View show the player controls and everything for however long it does is kind of distracting when you cue up anything to play.

Any chance we could have the option to not show the player bar in Display View? Even a registry hack would be acceptable.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:42:20 pm »

Library server is working correctly again - Thanks

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 07:46:59 pm »

Just a small annoyance more than anything else.

The little "twistie" arrows in the Options tree don't twist to show aexpanded/collapsed tree like they do in the action/tree pane on the main screen.

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 08:13:50 pm »

Quote from: raym
If only there was a way to turn the background viz in Theater View off so I could use it on my laptop like I used to.  In fact, the background viz is stressing this machine out so much that navigating using the arrows can take seconds to happen. The viz is clearly struggling - playing very rough (missing many frames) and sometimes just hanging my system for a second or two at a time.

Quote from: Matt
Removing the background texture makes very little (or no) difference in the milliseconds per draw.  I think you're simply bumping the limitation of old hardware to refresh the screen.

Try a simple 3D visualization fullscreen. (like ring creation)  My guess is that it'll be slow, even though there are very few textures.

We want to support old hardware, but also need to be forward-looking.  Most newer cards will take nearly 0% of the CPU in the new Theater View.

Hi Matt, I totally agree that it's bumping the limitations of my hardware and yes, the ring viz makes this same machine chew 70-80% of CPU at fullscreen - but I am able to turn it off  ;). I also totally appreciate that JRiver needs to be forward looking... I don't want Theater View to change. All I've really been suggesting is a means of disabling the background viz (un-documented if you like) so that older hardware can utilize the other advantages Theater View/MC12 brings. It need not be a user option. As I've suggested previously, since it relates to the look of Theater View, it could make sence to enable this option via the skin's externaized settings in the XML. It's already possible to disable the cube animation for instance through the property: Style="0". Therefore, something very simple perhaps like:-

<BACKGROUND>
      <Item Location="*" Bitmap="BackgroundRoot.jpg"/>
      <Item Location="*\***" Bitmap="Background.jpg"/>
      <Item Style="0">
</BACKGROUND>

Thanks heaps.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 08:43:02 pm »

Any chance we could have the option to not show the player bar in Display View? Even a registry hack would be acceptable.

...or, a hotkey sequence to show/hide it - off by default when initiated from Theater View. That way, we could control when it's shown by remote control.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 09:59:36 pm »

Hi, I found a bug

I was downloading cover art images for some files, then I will describe ehat I was doing and what happened

1. Start a "get from internet"
2. While the "get from internet" was active I tried to delete the cover art of another file
3. The confirmation for the cover art deletion appeared
4. The "get from internet" windows showed the succesful message
5. I pressed OK for the window on step 4
6. The window of the step 3 dissapeared "behind" the main window, then I could not take any action to bring it to the front again I had to go to the task manager to close media center

I hope I could explain myself and you could fix it

Best regards
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...

JONCAT

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 12:50:27 am »

I have a ton of ape/cue files that are not working in MC12 but do in MC11. MC12 encounters errors and none of the tag changes are showing up; in MC11 everything is kosher. This is for a set of 170 CDs; same behavior for all.

v/r
DC

Media Center 12.0.93 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2491 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: LITE-ON  CD-RW SOHR-5239S   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 01:08:15 am »

Gapless iPod Playback bug:

The new "gapless" support for the iPod is not working correctly with an MC sync on a 60GB iPod 5G.  The short "pause" between songs is gone, but too MUCH is being cut from the seam point so that the song "jumps" forward just a tiny bit when the seam goes by.  The amount that gets cut is relatively small, but it's absolutely noticeable if you are at all familiar with the music, or if the beat continues accross the seam.

Unfortunately, I can't tell what part of the system is at fault since I never tried the gapless playback using an iTunes sync.  What I CAN say is that MC itself plays gapless correctly, as does the iPod when using Rockbox instead of the native Apple firmware.  Given what I've read about Apples method of making the songs gapless, I would think that it "should" work perfectly (just like MC does when playing these same songs.)

I'm using the latest apple firmware (1.2) and did a complete re-initialize in MC followed by a full sync.

Thanks for any help with this.  I was looking forward to getting gapless support with the native apple firmware, but playback with the new firmware (syncing with the latest version of MC) is actually a little WORSE than it was before in my opinion since I'm actually losing a tiny piece of the song.

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 01:20:17 am »

SHN files importable, but not convertable with MC12; have to use MC11 to get rid of these and convert to the indomitable .ape format  ;D

The conversion list reads unsupported type for the .shn files.

EDIT* I can't play back .shn files with MC12 that work in MC11.

v/r
DC

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:20 am »

Backups in START menu works now, but still not when in AUDIO etc.
Program halts... ?

Fonts look great now in Theater View.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 02:34:44 am »

Thumbnail bug:

Some of my mp4 files don't have any thumbnails for some reason -- I can't see any pattern to why some do and some don't, but they all "should," and they all did in MC11.

Also, on these same mp4 files, NONE of them show thumbnails over Media Server -- not even the ones that DO have thumbnails in the server system.  This only seems to be an issue with mp4 files -- the mp3s all appear to have the proper thumbnails on both the client and the server.

I did a "Build Missing Thumbnails" operation on BOTH the server and the client, but nothing changed.

Thanks,

Larry

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 03:36:30 am »

Matt, see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36350.msg247902#msg247902

The impact is more than just using the untranslated rule expression. The problem is that all rules are translated automatically!

So rules simply do not work when you choose another language than english.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 05:51:29 am »

When doing a search, the "imagefile" field is missing from the list of available choices.  You can still type it in, but shouldn't it be included in the list?  People that don't already know about this field will not realize it's available.

Larry

gappie

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 06:44:19 am »

i repost this. dont know if they are considered bugs. if not i guess i have to make an other thread.  ;)

i have made custom library field, 'artiesten'. this is the sane as artists, but a list field, so that i can place an album under different artists. now when i make a view with artiesten first grouped and in the second column ungrouped i get artists that have nothing to do with the selected letter in the first column. to make it more clear, here is a pic.

http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/mc12%20a.JPG
the relation between the names at top of the right column and the letter s is that they are sharing the artiesten field with an artist beginning with an s (in  this case).

in mc11 this works without any problems.

edit: the same happens with the 'standard' field people

gappie

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 07:39:56 am »

and this:

i guess this is also a bug. random tracks are putted in alphabetic order, happely enough not only on the once i made but also on the 'stock' smartlist.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:03 am »

I've noticed that when using Media Server, some files that show thumbnails on the server do not show them on the client (i.e. the client shows the "blue note" instead.)  Doing a "build missing thumbnails" does not fix the issue, not does re-loading the library.

Larry

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 09:45:18 am »

In AUDIO not all thumbs show up. Funny enough it's the first rows that have problems. (In my case clicking "Blues" shows greyed out thumbs in first rows.) In all genres the first rows have the most greyed out thumbs. All music is played.

Some thumbs (of single albums with 1 folder.jpg) are shown in a stack.

All my video-thumbs show up but can't be played. Where in loading the library from the server not all thumbs show up only the ones stored on the same computer. First you see all with some grey squares on the statusbar it says 887 movies but after some seconds the grey thumbs disappear to 400+ movies.
BUT all the dvd files CAN be played this way.

I STILL HAVE NO ANSWER IF IT'S POSSIBLE OR WILL BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY DVD FILES THROUGH MEDIA SERVER ANYWAY. IT NEVER HAS BEFORE.

Regards,

Theo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 10:07:11 am »

I STILL HAVE NO ANSWER IF IT'S POSSIBLE OR WILL BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY DVD FILES THROUGH MEDIA SERVER ANYWAY. IT NEVER HAS BEFORE.
It isn't possible.  If you have questions on any topic, please start a new thread.  We're trying to get a "clean" list of bugs here.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 10:21:08 am »

1. I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way, but when i click on a bunch of songs (an ape file that is shown as different tracks by MC) and try to "Convert format" to make mp3s out of them, MC says "Please makes sure your files exist and are of a supported format".

2. Clicking on the play link of a video file causes everything in the list to put into playing now. This is really annoying. I have set my playback options to say just play selected files.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 10:38:27 am »

It isn't possible. If you have questions on any topic, please start a new thread. We're trying to get a "clean" list of bugs here.

Jim I did...

But never got an answer...

I found a problem with a thumb in a collection of portraits I shot for a soccerclub.
It's when loading the library from the other computer AND with MEDIA SERVER.
One thumb uses a movie folder.jpg

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 10:52:47 am »

12.0.93 (10/13/06)

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.

1. I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way, but when i click on a bunch of songs (an ape file that is shown as different tracks by MC) and try to "Convert format" to make mp3s out of them, MC says "Please makes sure your files exist and are of a supported format".

Obviously you are trying to convert cue tracks. It has been possible, but MC doesn't apply library tags to the converted files. Instead it uses tags from the big disc image file (if it has any) and applies the same tags to each file. However, this does not work in the latest build if the tracks are new.

It looks like these fixes broke something else. Currently it is not possible to even play any new cue file. I tried with cue files that point to ape, mp3 and ogg disc image files. Only the cue tracks that I already had in my restored MC11.1 library are fine.

I already posted the following reply in the cue & mpl thread, but forgot to try playback.

Thanks,

I tried it quickly and most of the problems seem to be fixed. CUE files import correctly and also my test MPL file -- almost. I have an mht file (web archive) included in the test MPL file. Otto couldn't import it with the other files (the mht extension is included in the file types in MC's options).

When I dragged the MPL file to Playing Now also the .mht file appeared in the list.

The right-click > Import command seems to be still broken with CUE files and "CUE tracks from MPL files" if the files are just dragged to Playing Now without importing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 10:58:04 am »

Just noticed that the most recent action for 'send to' playlist is not working (at least on my machine).

Right click on a track and choose 'send to' > playlist > MyPlaylist
That part works fine

Now right click on a track and choose 'MyPlaylist' at the top of the list
Nothing happens

'send to' > playlist >MyPlaylist (at the top of the 'send to' flyout) does work.

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 01:54:29 pm »

Please give us the strings for the Smartlists and the new Auto-Import dialogs and buttons in the menus and the options. So we will able to complete the german translation file a bit more.

JONCAT

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 02:41:11 pm »

"Only the cue tracks that I already had in my restored MC11.1 library are fine."

I have 170 ape/cue CDs that work in MC11 and not in MC12 with 12 CDs not imported by MC12. Tracks displayed properly on some (track numbers taht is) but durations are all the same, entire length of CD. None of the tracks play, just the main .cue/.ape file (which I usually exclude with a filter.

v/r
DC

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 02:43:26 pm »

Just noticed that the most recent action for 'send to' playlist is not working (at least on my machine).

Right click on a track and choose 'send to' > playlist > MyPlaylist
That part works fine

Now right click on a track and choose 'MyPlaylist' at the top of the list
Nothing happens

'send to' > playlist >MyPlaylist (at the top of the 'send to' flyout) does work.

I am having a similar issue to BartMan01, only with Add (as next to play). If I
right click on a track and choose 'send to' > play > Add (as next to play), That works fine. But if I use the most recent action (at the top of the right-click menu), the currently playing track restarts and nothing is added to Playing Now.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 03:47:08 pm »

Looks like at least the cue filenames are incorrect.

MC 12.0.93, an unimported cue file in Playing Now:

MC 12.0.93, a restored MC 11.1 library:

MC 11.1.200:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 07:04:17 pm »

I tried adding a smartlist that showed only songs without lyrics. I know I could type in the expression but wanted to use the wizard. In the smartlist rule, I selected the Lyrics field and was expecting to see a "<empty>" selection, especially since I knew there were empty lyrics, but it wasn't given. I was forced to type the expression. Other fields like Genre give <empty> as an option.
Jeff

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 07:31:28 pm »

iPod showing up twice in the device list - playcounts not synchronizing back to MC.

Tried doing a 're-detect all devices' but the problem persists.  In the drives and devices list I see:

Compact Disc (I:)
Apple iPod Photo (F:)
Apple iPod Photo (F:)
My Computer
TV Tuner

The options I set for the top one do not show for the bottom one, so it's like MC thinks the one device is two different devices.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 07:48:54 pm »

iPod showing up twice in the device list - playcounts not synchronizing back to MC.

I have two iPods, and neither one has this issue.  What happens if you look in Windows Explorer -- do you only see one instance of the drive there?  How about the Disk Manager (Rt click on "My Computer," select "Manage," then select "Disk Management.")  Does it show more than one instance of the drive?

Did this just start with the latest MC build?

Thanks,

Larry

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 08:02:35 pm »

I have two iPods, and neither one has this issue.  What happens if you look in Windows Explorer -- do you only see one instance of the drive there?  How about the Disk Manager (Rt click on "My Computer," select "Manage," then select "Disk Management.")  Does it show more than one instance of the drive?

Did this just start with the latest MC build?

Thanks,

Larry

Just started with the latest build.  Only one drive shows in explorer.

I was able to finally get it cleared by doing the following:
Start MC with the device detached.
Run the re-detect.
Shut down MC and restart.
Hook up iPod.  It only shows one device again.  Will post up if it decides there are two again.

lOth

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:32 pm »

"send to" commands don't work as recent commands.

example: you send file to a playlist called MyPlaylist.
MyPlaylist appear in the list of recent commands, but nothing happens when you try to use it.
This problem occurs with all the "send to" commands (playlists, external apps, etc.)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 11:08:04 pm »

Bug Report: "Filename (path)" and "Filename (name)" fields have problems over Media Server:

When using Media Server, when I highlight any file, the "Filename (path)" field is blank and the "Filename (name)" field shows the ENTIRE path and filename (it should be just the file's "name"), and the path is from the SERVER, not the client (i.e. the path that you would see if you were using the server.)  If I click on either of these field (which opens the edit box) and then immediately close the box again without making any changes, BOTH fields change.  The "Filename (name)" field is now correct, but the "path" field now shows the server's path to the file (which is of course not correct since this is the client.)

If I highlight a different song and come back, the name and path fields are still correct, BUT the "blue note" icon is now replaced with a little "exploding 'X'" icon which I'm assuming is the new "missing file" icon.  At this point, I can no longer play these files -- MC acts as if they're no longer present.

If I re-load the library, everything starts over again and I can once again play the files, but the fields are once again incorrect.

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2006, 11:20:33 pm »

The XP taskbar occasionally does not auto-hide in Display View and Theater View. Cannot find any pattern to this.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2006, 11:36:15 pm »

Here's a strange one:-

I have 3 out of 70 videos which MC cannot save tag info to. I'm trying to set the "Album" field and it works at first but after a period of time, the value reverts back to what it was originally (in this case, the date).

The unique thing about these files is that they are Matroska files (MKV) and they are greater than 2 gig in size. My many other MKV files are fine but are also less than 2 gig in size.

The files reside on a network share and are not hidden or read-only or anything like that.
Z-Wave Home Automation

JONCAT

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:26 am »

I have done 5 backups so far, 2 of them have frozen MC with dialogue window half closed; backup never completes.

DC

matshif

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 02:42:53 am »

Can't play cd or dvd in Theater View. MC hang and don't answer.

No problem to play in Drives & Devices.

Media Center Registered 12.0.93 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3153 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 555 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 03:16:44 am »

The XP taskbar occasionally does not auto-hide in Display View and Theater View. Cannot find any pattern to this.

Same with me too.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:50 am »

Any chance we could get MC12 to sort it's tile groupings to be consistent with the way that it sorts Panes and Theater View groupings?

Currently, both Panes and Theater View sort groupings like this:

Others
0-9
A-Z
Unassigned

but Tiles View sorts them like this:

0-9
A-O
Others
P-U
Unassigned
V-X

The User Library Fields tree in Library & Folders options closes after every new field is added. It makes it kind of a chore to have to re-open that tree over and over when adding a bunch of new fields.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 12:00:32 pm »

That would be good, and finally also the Explorer rightclick context menu Strings.

Please give us the strings for the Smartlists and the new Auto-Import dialogs and buttons in the menus and the options. So we will able to complete the german translation file a bit more.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 01:58:24 pm »

when I run a Library Back Up I get a dialog stating Backup Failed
I tried a reboot and also tried saving to a different location.

I need the backup to update another PC's copy of MC, so would appreciate any help.

Plenty of disk space available.

backups worked with MC11 today, not MC12, also I get the same result on my other machine (both Win2K)

Media Center; Version: 12.0.91; Types: 1485
0040406: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0040406: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0040406: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (0 ms)

. . . the game is rigged

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 02:13:07 pm »

***Skinning Problem:

Go to Analyze audio, then minimize the new window.  The skin does not apply here, fyi.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 03:44:25 pm »

This is the first time I tried viewing RAW images from my Nikon D70 in MC and .. well ... all I can say is that's not what I expected...

Only thing I can think of is that MC couldn't figure out what kind of RAW file they were (NEF) and decided to default to a Fuji SuperCCD image which is at a 45 degree angle like that.  Full-screen views are also rotated.  Guess I'll stick with cam2pc for my image viewing/management...

-John

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2006, 04:07:26 pm »

Only thing I can think of is that MC couldn't figure out what kind of RAW file they were (NEF) and decided to default to a Fuji SuperCCD image which is at a 45 degree angle like that.  Full-screen views are also rotated.  Guess I'll stick with cam2pc for my image viewing/management...

I guess the RAW reader module used the "NEF mode" since the images are otherwise displayed normally. Possibly this rotation bug is not difficult to fix. It would be nice if you could post a link to a sample NEF file (or two files, landscape & portrait). JRiver may not have the same camera available for testing.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2006, 04:17:42 pm »

The User Library Fields tree in Library & Folders options closes after every new field is added. It makes it kind of a chore to have to re-open that tree over and over when adding a bunch of new fields.

The same with "Customize current View" and Add new fields to "View Schemes", especially the first one :(

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:02 pm »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe this may be an MC issue.

I stepped back to MC12.0.86 and I can once again perform a sucessful backup.
(stepped back to 12.0.86 on the second machine also and results are confirmed)

Just in case it helps, I had tried to perform the backup from several locations within MC (Playing Now, Start, Audio), restarted MC, tried a different backup location, and rebooted. None of this helped, only the version stepback helped.
. . . the game is rigged

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2006, 06:59:42 pm »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe this may be an MC issue.

I stepped back to MC12.0.86 and I can once again perform a sucessful backup.
(stepped back to 12.0.86 on the second machine also and results are confirmed)

The odd thing is that backups ARE working for some of us now.  I was getting the "not successful" message when doing backups with the previous version, but the current version no longer has this issue (on my systems.)  My backups all report as "successful" now.

Larry

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2006, 10:29:47 pm »

This is the first time I tried viewing RAW images from my Nikon D70 in MC and .. well ... all I can say is that's not what I expected...

MC is taking the camera info and putting it into each field. Just remove everything from the rotation field for all of your images and they should all play the right way up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up