INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc 12.0 picture but no sound  (Read 1806 times)

dorinandrei01

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
mc 12.0 picture but no sound
« on: October 16, 2006, 07:01:02 am »

hello
i have picture when i'm playing dvd, but there is no sound. my pc works fine with wmp v 11.0. i have installed all audio/video decoders, but no sound. any help please?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: mc 12.0 picture but no sound
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 07:56:01 am »

Have you tried any of the DVD Playback Settings? Try selecting an audio decoder filter.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dorinandrei01

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:13:34 am »

hi. thanks for reply. i've tried all options and still no sound. i restart the pc and now i don't have even picture when i'm playing dvd. :(  really strange considering the fact that in windows media player i don't have any problems...

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:18:45 am »

What OS are you using? I posted in the XVID with FFDshwo thread about no pic with sound. I used the Gordian Knot codec pack to remedy playback although, I do see this bug pop up. No picture while audio playback is working, reboot MC, and things work for a while.

DC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:52:41 am »

What OS are you using? I posted in the XVID with FFDshwo thread about no pic with sound. I used the Gordian Knot codec pack to remedy playback although, I do see this bug pop up. No picture while audio playback is working, reboot MC, and things work for a while.

That issue is specific to 64-bit builds of Windows XP and 2003.

I'm thinking this has more to do with the decoders installed.  You said you have installed "all audio/video decoders".  What decoders specifically did you install?

Go to Tools --> Options --> Playback --> DVD Playback Settings.  What exactly is listed in the "List of DVD Filters" box?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dorinandrei01

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 10:17:37 am »

the OS is Vista. I've changed the video decoder setting to "microsoft MPEG-2 Video decoder" and I have picture, but there is no sound yet. In the list I have these options
- default waveout device
-video mixing renderer 9
-line 21 decoder 2
-microsoft mpeg-1/dd audio decoder
-microsoft mpeg-2 video decoder
-DVD navigator

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 10:42:05 am »

Ahhh... That explains it.  You're using the Microsoft DVD decoder stuff.  I don't believe they let other applications use their software audio decoder (if you look at that list you can see there's no MPEG-2 Audio Decoder or AC3 decoder listed).

The easiest way for you to solve this would probably be to download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack.  This includes DirectShow filters which can properly handle AC3 and MPEG-2 audio tracks.

You can download it here:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

That's really what I'd recommend, for simplicity's sake.  It's easy to get and update when new versions come out, and it generally "just works".  However, two alternative methods, if you don't want to install that whole codec pack are:

1) Download and install the current build of FFDSHOW by itself.  You can download it here: http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/

Click on the FFDSHOW link on the left and then download the version appropriate to your computer:

ffdshow-rev2529-SSE.exe - good for pretty much any Pentium 2/3/4/D/, Intel Core, or AMD Athlon processor.
ffdshow-rev2546-SSE2.exe - good for any Pentium4/D, Intel Core, or AMD Athlon 64/Opteron64 processor (don't use with older Athlon XP or Pentium 2/3 processors unless your sure they support SSE2)
ffdshow64-rev2546.exe - this would be for use with Windows XP 64-bit or Windows Server 2003 64-bit editions with a 64-bit capable processor

When you are installing FFDSHOW, you'll want to enable MPEG-2 and AC3 in the Audio section of the install.

2) Download and install AC3Filter.  You can get this from here: http://ac3filter.net/.

If you want to output sound from your SPDIF port to a Dolby Digital receiver, I'd use FFDSHOW (or the older AC3Filter 0.7 version) because this feature is broken in the newer 1.0+ versions of AC3Filter.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dorinandrei01

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 11:37:17 am »

thank you for help- now everything is working fine. cheers!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up