INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.94  (Read 4227 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.94
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:33:36 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120094.exe

History

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.

12.0.93 (10/13/06)

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.
3. NEW: Added more handheld lossy cache options.

12.0.92 (10/13/06)

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.
2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.
3. Fixed: Podcast downloads would not show a download percentage.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.
5. Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)
6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.
7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)
8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.
9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)
10. Fixed: While editing a field like "People" in the Action Window, keyboard list navigation didn't work nicely.
11. Optimized: Improved how edit controls (and list edit controls) are created to improve speed. (please report any in-place or AW tagging strangeness)

12.0.91 (10/12/06)

1. Fixed: Library Server would only serve a partial library. (introduced in build 90)
2. Changed: Added a couple of tooltips over the TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page.
3. NEW: Options dialog uses faded images for unselected items.
4. Changed: Tuned the coloring used by Noire for Options page selection.
5. Fixed: If "Name" was listed twice in the tag window, editing either would always edit the second one.
6. Fixed: Auto-library upgrade from Media Center 11 was not working properly. (didn't find MC 11 libraries)
7. NEW: Windows Media (wma) streaming buffered for seeking.
8. NEW: User can choose whether to use "Video Mixing Renderer 9" or "Overlay Mixer" to play video.
9. Fixed: In some cases the aspect ratio setting did not take effect.
10. NEW: Added an "Edit Playlist" menu item for playlist right-click to open in the Action Window.
11. NEW: Added an "Edit" button to the top of a playlist view.
12. Fixed: Library backups could fail. (introduced with build 90)
13. NEW: Added the ability to change the Audible download path (right-click on service in tree).
14. Fixed: Visual Basic interface plugin controls could use skin coloring, even with skinning disabled.
15. Fixed: Theater View textures (buttons, text, etc.) could look torn through the middle.

12.0.90 (10/11/06)

1. Changed: When picking auto-import with no folders configured, a message will be shown.
2. Changed: Removed "run now" from auto-import options. (since it's in the main menu / toolbar)
3. Changed: Direct3D views (Theater View / 3D visualizations) target the video card where the window first appears. (old video cards may render slowly when switching monitors after this)
4. Fixed: TV recording by Scheduler would fail if the user is currently using TV engine.
5. NEW: If Media Scheduler starts a TV recording task while the user is using TV engine in any zone, MC will ask user to confirm interrupting current activity and starting recording scheduled program.
6. Changed: Installer, uninstaller, package installer, and Media Center ask to be a trusted program when running on Vista.
7. Changed: Removed beta timeout.
8. Fixed: Mouse tracking / highlighting of list controls could get stuck on in some cases.
9. Fixed: List control mouse tracking would still operate even if a window was over the top of the list.
10. Changed: In Theater View root configuration, the full row is selectable for an item instead of only the text.
11. Changed: Removed a level of nesting in Options > Playback > Audio.
12. Changed: "Image File" field is now available (and used) for videos as well as audio.
13. NEW: More updated art.
14. NEW: When opening a Media Center library that's already in use by another computer, a read-only version will be opened. (each user computer will have its own thumbnail cache, like with Library Server)
15. NEW: Improved "Party Mode" so that the library lives in its own sandbox -- making it impossible for changes to leak back to the main database.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

Re: Media Center 12.0.94
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 06:10:51 pm »

i still have the same two things i think that are bugs. since version 87. if they are not bugs maybe someone can tell so i can stop posting them here.

1. i have made custom library field, 'artiesten'. this is the sane as artists, but a list field, so that i can place an album under different artists. now when i make a view with artiesten first grouped and in the second column ungrouped i get artists that have nothing to do with the selected letter in the first column. to make it more clear, here is a pic.

http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/mc12%20a.JPG
the relation between the names at top of the right column and the letter s is that they are sharing the artiesten field with an artist beginning with an s (in  this case).

in mc11 this works without any problems.

edit: the same happens with the 'standard' field people

2 i guess this is also a bug. random tracks are putted in alphabetic order from the artist, happely enough not only on the once i made but also on the 'stock' smartlist.

http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/random.JPG

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:55:48 pm »

Still can't save "Album" tag info for MKV video files larger than 2 gig in size. MC11 had no issues with this and I've only noticed this recently after importing som more video files into MC12. Other MKV video files (which happen to be less than 2 gig) appear to be ok.

Here's what I'm doing.

1. Manually import MKV video file in question
2. Tag "Album", "Name", "Genre" and give it cover art
3. Changes appear to have taken effect.
4. Restart MC
5. Switch to fullscreen/Theater View OR wait a while (don't know what the trigger is)
6. "Album" tag value reverts to file DATE CREATED value, eg> 8/2/2005

??
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:20:01 pm »

I am unable to get the Handheld cache to work at all with [HHDevice] in the directory rule.  I keep getting the warning saying it cannot create the dir....

It works with out the [HHDevice] in the directory rule.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »

It's really difficult to remove files from MC now.  I just recently imported some files, and if i go to that playlist, the delete option is missing.  If I add them to playing now, you can't delete from there either.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:06:04 pm »

Been out to the loop since .87 (had to play Mr. mom for a while) and thing are really looking great! One question, is there a way to enlarge the small thumbnail that shows in the Name field in detail view?
Thanks!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:42 am »

Bug Report:

I cannot open "log" files over Media Server -- when I double click on a log file (Secure Rip Log) in the library of the client, nothing happens.  If I instead navigate to the SAME file via "Drives and Devices" (i.e. NOT using the actual Library) the file DOES open.  It's just when trying to open it via the library, and only over Media Server, that this problem occurs.

Larry

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 01:49:52 am »

This seems to work correctly now! Checked it could make backups in AUDIO VIDEO ETC.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 07:24:01 am »

the following expression is no longer working in the 'image playback settings' caption field:

if(isempty([caption]),if(isempty([events]),if(isempty([places]),[subject],[places]),[events]),[caption])

It always returns "Unknown caption". This suggests that I should alter the expression to use if(isequal([caption],unknown caption), etc. etc., but the same expression works fine in the thumbnail text area, leading me to believe it got broke somehow.

Using 2 split views behaviour is getting steadily worse. My split views are configured like so: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36407.msg248441#msg248441

regardless of which view I'm in, if I click 'play' or double click an image to view it fullscreen, when I close the display and return to standard view, the current view has become the inactive one, this has been around since day one and has always been a little irritating. Untill recently, all that was required was a click in one of the headers to re-activate the view, but now, the view scheme is resetting itself, clearing both selection and scroll position when it is re-activated. Please can this one be fixed?

I'm up late, not getting a bundle of playtime atm, but will try to get the rest of my bugs checked out later on this evening/tomorrow morning.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 07:45:01 am »

I noticed a slight problem. The right side does not change the text color to white when an item is selected. It does that on the left side. Black text on blue is not very legible. This may depend on the used monitor. The text is barely readable on my laptop. My other PC monitors handle this color combination a bit better.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 08:45:38 am »

It's really difficult to remove files from MC now.  I just recently imported some files, and if i go to that playlist, the delete option is missing.  If I add them to playing now, you can't delete from there either.

You can use Shift+Delete to delete from the library in any view.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:28 am »

Been out to the loop since .87 (had to play Mr. mom for a while) and thing are really looking great! One question, is there a way to enlarge the small thumbnail that shows in the Name field in detail view?

You can use the tooltip, or switch to "Thumbnails".

DarkPenguin

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 09:31:10 am »

Nevermind, I see the problem.  Should be in the next build.

I am unable to get the Handheld cache to work at all with [HHDevice] in the directory rule.  I keep getting the warning saying it cannot create the dir....

It works with out the [HHDevice] in the directory rule.

I'm using this....

c:\jrcache for a directory and [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album] for the rule.

What are you using and what is the device name?  What directory does it claim to be trying to make in the warning message?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:26 am »

Streaming MP3 bug detailed in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36395.0

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 09:45:05 am »

On your latest update with Change #15.  Two things, why not let it go into the same directory, just copy the necessary parameter, files, then your software delete the old version, then let MC12 download.

I ripped my first CD with MC12 and every download perfectly.

Also, it would be nice if you'd display on the opening screen the latest version running and next to it latest version available so one doesn't have to check their version then go to interact to see what is out there until they are ready to update.

Thanks,
Skylar

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 11:16:32 am »

2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.

Perfect. Thanks! :)

Any chance we could get MC12 to sort it's tile groupings to be consistent with the way that it sorts Panes and Theater View groupings?

Currently, both Panes and Theater View sort groupings like this:

Others
0-9
A-Z
Unassigned

but Tiles View sorts them like this:

0-9
A-O
Others
P-U
Unassigned
V-X

The User Library Fields tree in Library & Folders options closes after every new field is added. It makes it kind of a chore to have to re-open that tree over and over when adding a bunch of new fields.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 12:01:29 pm »

1. i have made custom library field, 'artiesten'. this is the sane as artists, but a list field, so that i can place an album under different artists. now when i make a view with artiesten first grouped and in the second column ungrouped i get artists that have nothing to do with the selected letter in the first column. to make it more clear, here is a pic.

http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/mc12%20a.JPG
the relation between the names at top of the right column and the letter s is that they are sharing the artiesten field with an artist beginning with an s (in  this case).

The semantics changed in MC 12 for this usage. 

Panes are built from a list of files.  After you make a selection, the list of files is filtered.  The next pane is then built from this filtered file list.

So if you filter down to files with artiestens starting with "A" and then build a list of artiestens from that file list, you would expect artiestens starting with "A" and also any artiestens in songs with "A" artiestens.

Version 11 tried to change this one special case by not following the flow above.  However, this was inconsistent and caused problems with advanced view schemes.

So for v12, we removed the special casing.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 02:15:10 pm »

12.0.94 wouldn't install for me over 12.0.91. When I clicked 'Next' on the choose setup type dialog it started up into 12.0.91 and the installer quit.

Eventully I installed 12.0.93 over 12.0.91 which worked ok, then I installed 12.0.94 over 12.0.93 and again it worked ok.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:01 pm »

this is indeed working now,
Thank You

question: I turned off TV in the Options under Features, is it by design that TV Stations continues to appear in the tree even though I have this feature deactivated?
. . . the game is rigged

gappie

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 03:30:01 pm »

The semantics changed in MC 12 for this usage. 

Panes are built from a list of files.  After you make a selection, the list of files is filtered.  The next pane is then built from this filtered file list.

So if you filter down to files with artiestens starting with "A" and then build a list of artiestens from that file list, you would expect artiestens starting with "A" and also any artiestens in songs with "A" artiestens.

Version 11 tried to change this one special case by not following the flow above.  However, this was inconsistent and caused problems with advanced view schemes.

So for v12, we removed the special casing.

thanks for the explanation. it makes sence. but it is a pity, was a lot of work.  :-[
but i guess i can use it anyhow. but not with panes and populated trees (it will be the same with ' people')

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 04:18:06 pm »

I noticed a slight problem. The right side does not change the text color to white when an item is selected. It does that on the left side. Black text on blue is not very legible. This may depend on the used monitor. The text is barely readable on my laptop. My other PC monitors handle this color combination a bit better.

And also the little arrows beside CD Ripping and Media Insert should be pointing down to indicate the treee has been expanded.

At the moment it looks like I can click on CD Ripping to get more options while in fact it will hide/collapse the options.

R
Pages: [1]   Go Up