INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APL & APE  (Read 981 times)

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
APL & APE
« on: September 09, 2002, 04:09:57 am »

Sorry for my ignorance but what's the difference btw APE and APL? is the extention?
Made in Portugal

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:APL & APE
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 05:17:06 am »

APL's are used with CUE sheets. Basically what happens is you rip a CD into one big wav file, which can then be compressed into APE format. A CUE sheet is created during the ripping process and it contains information about where each seperate track begins and ends within that big APE file. You then feed this CUE sheet into a special tool provided with Monkey's Audio, and it spits out APL files. You get one APL file for each track on that CD, and the file is basically just a pointer to its section of the APE file. MJ treats APL's the same way it would seperate APE's. The benefit to doing it this way is that you get an exact duplicate of the CD. It's really great for CD's with gapless tracks, like live albums and such. And some CD burning programs can take that APE and CUE sheet and burn an exact copy of the original CD.

One thing I haven't figured out, is if APE|PLS|APL is more accurate than just ripping each track into seperate APE files.

ChicoSelfs

RE:APL & APE
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 05:22:46 am »

Humm thanks Doof for the quick reply, i prefere seperate APE files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up