INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customizing media mode schemes  (Read 1216 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
customizing media mode schemes
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:26:13 am »

i just setup media center 12 with pictures in the images scheme and  in the video scheme. under edit view scheme i have choosen disc location location root. which is what i have been looking to figure out for awhile now. (since version 10 but was to busy to tackle the battle)now i have the option when i choose images to choose drive letter,chris's documents,my pictures..Then Finally my picture folders\videos folder show up. im wondering if there is a way that when i choose media mode images or video, that instantly it shows my pictures\videos folders.and NOT have to go  through all the steps to get to the my pictures\video folders. this would be very helpfull in regards to speed for playing images back.

one last question please. once i have these setup properly, do i need a playlist that says pictures\videos  as well? or can i just use the images\video media mode to choose what i want to share\view? that would be nice then my playlists would only be music. thanks for your help. if this doesnt make sense i took screen grabs, but i couldnt figure out how to attach the screen grabs into this post. i hit insert image and it just give me this

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: customizing media mode schemes
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:40:55 am »

edit the viewscheme again. select "location (root)" and click the edit button. The dialogue you see will allow you to set the "Base location"

you need to upload your images to a webserver, which in turn, gives them a web address....

If you then wrap that address in [ img][ /img] tags, the forum will insert the picture for you..
http://www.theganghut.co.uk/pics/ia/Default.gif
and wrapped in tags...

clear as mud, huh? ;) Google for 'free image hosting' or go directly to imageshack if you need some webspace.

-marko.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: customizing media mode schemes
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:01:07 am »

lol yes both tips were crystal clear.  appreciate it. thanks alot man. you guys all have been so helpfull and understanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up