INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.96  (Read 3999 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.96
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:16:42 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120096.exe

History

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.

12.0.93 (10/13/06)

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.
3. NEW: Added more handheld lossy cache options.

12.0.92 (10/13/06)

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.
2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.
3. Fixed: Podcast downloads would not show a download percentage.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.
5. Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)
6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.
7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)
8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.
9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)
10. Fixed: While editing a field like "People" in the Action Window, keyboard list navigation didn't work nicely.
11. Optimized: Improved how edit controls (and list edit controls) are created to improve speed. (please report any in-place or AW tagging strangeness)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lasse_Lus

Re: Media Center 12.0.96
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 06:10:37 pm »

The speed WOW  ;D ;D ;D

fantastic

MT5FR

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:38:15 pm »

Yeah, view switching is notably faster. Very nice!

Just a real minor asthetic thing I've mentioned before...

Image stacks in Theater View are not randomized like they are in standard view. It would be nice if they were.

Also, when you first enter Theater View and start navigating, list/thumb items are animated (drawn) top-down. Subsequent attempts however cause the list items to draw in a random fashion. Is this the intent? I think the top-down look is better.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:04:30 pm »

"Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files."

Mc12 install grabbed my 11 library and the cue/ape files are now incorrectly imported. The above is not fixed here, and I have mulitple instances of the files. One set is not playable and shows durations that are the entire cue file. Another set has correct track numbers but durations are entire cue file; these play but are simply multiple instances of the cue file. Then the cue/ape file itsef is also imported.

Importing an MC11 library after the fact alows MC12 to see the ape/cue correctly and everything is perfect. New import of same data/tags with MC12 creates this:

www.catuccio.net/cue.jpg

I have gotten everything setup as it was in MC11; here you can see correct track number, correct durations for each track, but MC simply will not play them:

www.catuccio.net/cue2.jpg

DC

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 09:28:58 pm »

I'm not sure whether to post this in this thread or in the "lalittle's list" thread.  I figured that since these classified as "bugs," they probably belonged here.

These problems remain:

1)  Art for Audible files (aa) does not display at all -- this is an issue on BOTH the server and the client in a Media Server setup.  These same files definitley displayed art in MC11.  It's interesting to note is that the AW "Image" window actually says that the image is "inside file" for these files -- i.e. it indicates that it IS there, but it just doesn't display.

2)  Art for mp4 files and log files does not display over Media Server -- this includes both the "Thumbnail" and the full "Image."  The art for these file types DOES display on the server -- i.e. unlike with aa files, this issue only effects the client over Media Server.

3)  If you try to open a log file via the LIBRARY over Media Server, nothing happens -- it does not open.  If you try to open the exact same file by instead navigating to it via "Drives and Devices," it DOES open.  This only an issue over Media Server, and only when accessing the files via the library.

4)  An earlier response said that this was by design, but is it REALLY by design that clicking on either the "Filename(name)" field or "Filename(path)" field on the Media Server client causes MC to consider these files completely missing from the library?  You have to completely reload the library to get MC to once again see these files.  The "Filename" field does not have this problem, and unlike the "Filename(name)" and "Filename(path)" fields, the regular "Filename" field correctly shows the current path and name of the file, even on the client.

Thanks,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 10:53:05 pm »

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

Man.  You weren't kidding with these.  Great work!  My "speed" issues in Standard View are completely solved.

I'm still basically unable to use the MENU command in Theater View via Girder (and the menu that appears when you've drilled down to the file level).  Once the menu is open, each Up or Down Arrow keypress takes between 1 - 2 seconds to respond (with the new processor it's more often at the 1 end than the 2 end, but this is a powerful machine by anyone's standards). in drastic contrast to the rest of Theater View.  This is very frustrating because in Theater View I quite often need to use the "Show Files" command...

Navigating through the file/field lists in Theater View and everywhere else works without serious issue (it's still not perfect there either), but when the "menu" is open performance is noticably reduced.  (Also, usng the real keyboard responds fine, it's only girder keypresses.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:36:40 am »

I just bought my upgrade to MC12, installed it on my main machine (where my files are, and which is a library/uPNP server).

During install a brief message appeared about library conversion, then I find all my music is there in MC12, but no play stats, no playlists or smartlists.

That's pretty bad...

Cheers
Rob

johnnyboy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 05:31:27 am »

Bug:

When burning a DVD and using 'Rename files from properties' with burning.
When you hit burn it pop's up with a warning message warning you that file names are too long and will have to be renamed even though they wont be too long when they are renamed from properties.
The original file names were but the new, to be created ones, aren't.

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 07:24:49 am »

Ctrl+A in Lyrics editing window should select all text.
Jeff

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 08:39:55 am »

Here is the Update for the German Translation, please Insert it in next Build:

Last modified:
19/10/2006 - 15:31 Uhr
Download: http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip

A great Question:
When does the translation of the Smarlists in the tree, and the Explorer Context Menu available?
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 08:53:31 am »

Any chance we could get MC12 to sort it's tile groupings to be consistent with the way that it sorts Panes and Theater View groupings?

Currently, both Panes and Theater View sort groupings like this:

Others
0-9
A-Z
Unassigned

but Tiles View sorts them like this:

0-9
A-O
Others
P-U
Unassigned
V-X

The User Library Fields tree in Library & Folders options closes after every new field is added. It makes it kind of a chore to have to re-open that tree over and over when adding a bunch of new fields.

JONCAT

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:44:35 am »

Analyze Audio will not stop. When its display window reads stopped i.e. Analyze or Exit after stopping, the process continues running. After Exit the process is still running & after exiting Mc the process is still running.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 11:36:42 am »

I just bought my upgrade to MC12, installed it on my main machine (where my files are, and which is a library/uPNP server).

During install a brief message appeared about library conversion, then I find all my music is there in MC12, but no play stats, no playlists or smartlists.

That's pretty bad...

Try restoring from an MC 11 library backup.  (MC 11 made them automatically, so they should be around)

Please start a new thread if problems persist.

matshif

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 11:53:17 am »

Can't play CD or DVD in Theater View. MC hang and don't answer.

No problem to play in Drives & Devices.

I noticed this for the first time in build .93

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 02:25:17 pm »

Matt, earlier I wrote it already. It's really a bug!

Rules are not working when using MC12 in other languages than english!

Everytime I use "rename files from properties" the rule is converted. But the field [Artist] does not work when renamed to [Interpret] or [Artiste].

Translation of field names must be forbidden in order to allow users to use MC in their local languages!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:07 pm »

Matt, earlier I wrote it already. It's really a bug!

Rules are not working when using MC12 in other languages than english!

Everytime I use "rename files from properties" the rule is converted. But the field [Artist] does not work when renamed to [Interpret] or [Artiste].

Translation of field names must be forbidden in order to allow users to use MC in their local languages!

When using Media Center with the German language selected, "[Interpret] - [Name]" works properly for me.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 03:05:44 pm »

Thanks Matt!

During initial installation, I saw a message related to library upgrade, and assumed that it had upgraded the MC11 library, and left out all my smart/play lists.

Restoring worked a treat!

Thanks Again.
Cheers
Rob

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 03:18:29 pm »

When using Media Center with the German language selected, "[Interpret] - [Name]" works properly for me.

What works properly?

Maybe you can try this:

Choose a file, execute "rename files from properties", check the file name and apply the following rule (with german language selected):

If(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown Album),[Interpret] - [Name],[Titel-Nr.] - [Interpret] - [Name])

the result is (for a title with album): 01 - [Interpret] - In Earnest.mp3

I use more complex rules for folders which also fail. It looks like even fields are translated. Surprisingly, [Titel-Nr.] is correct. For an easier example like [Interpret] - [Name] the renaming works? What's the logic behind that?

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 03:42:11 pm »

Yes : Some terms will translate and does function and some not,
that concerns also the Smarlists terms.

artist, duration, etc. must be use in englisch otherwise it does not function, better it would be to be permitted the terms translated.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 04:00:41 pm »

What works properly?

Maybe you can try this:

Choose a file, execute "rename files from properties", check the file name and apply the following rule (with german language selected):

If(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown Album),[Interpret] - [Name],[Titel-Nr.] - [Interpret] - [Name])

the result is (for a title with album): 01 - [Interpret] - In Earnest.mp3

I use more complex rules for folders which also fail. It looks like even fields are translated. Surprisingly, [Titel-Nr.] is correct. For an easier example like [Interpret] - [Name] the renaming works? What's the logic behind that?

Next build will have some changes in this area.  Let us know how it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up