INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible IPOD and Caching issue  (Read 859 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Possible IPOD and Caching issue
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:05:58 am »

Yesterday I set up the new cache for my ipod with a 100 gig limit and synched.   It said it would take 24 hours...  I stopped it last night, and restarted it.  It said it would take 9 more hours.

This morning my PC totally locked up with MC12 still running.  It looked like the synch completed.  I had a warning on my screen, listing 8 thousand tracks saying the tags could not be updated.

I did a hard reboot.

On restart, I had MC12 recheck the synch.  It said I still had another 9 hours to go.  It seems the 9 hours of work MC12 did last night was not "committed" to the ipod since a proper eject was not done when I had to do the hard reboot.

But now MC12 says I have 7.2 gig over the capactity of my 80 gig ipod.  I tried initializing the ipod and it hung and I had to kill MC12.

I resorted to running itunes and it immediatly brought up a dialog saying it was "udating the library" which took about 5 minutes.  iTunes showed my 80 gig ipod was 50% full.

Then I restarted MC12 and tried to synch and it started this time, saying it will take 9 hours to complete.  But when it started up, it started converting from APE to MP3 again.  Why would it do that if the cache was working properly? 

If MC12 did finish last night, then all tracks that needed to be converted should have been converted and should have been in the cache.  My cache dir contains 40 gig, so the limit was not reached.
Pages: [1]   Go Up