INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A plus for Media Jukebox over Microsoft Media player  (Read 932 times)

Endymion

A plus for Media Jukebox over Microsoft Media player
« on: September 08, 2002, 04:34:07 pm »

Just bought my first DTS disc.   Popped it in and Media Jukebox played it without problems (SP/DIF connection to my AV reveiver).   When played through Windows Media player, all I got was a hiss.  Which means that Windows Media player is allowing the bitstream to be resampled and screwing up the DTS encoded data while Media Jukebox is passing the bitstream through without alteration.   I expect that that means that when I play a normal CD, Windows Media player will resample the 44.1kHz data through kmizer and convert it to 48 kHz while Media Jukebox will pass it to the sound card unaltered.   Way to go Media Jukebox!!!!  

Thank guys!

Listening to: 'New Horizons' from 'Seventh Sojourn' by 'The Moody Blues' on Media Jukebox

Galley

RE:A plus for Media Jukebox over Microsoft Media player
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 05:17:44 am »

I wish there was some way that MJ could magically plays SACD's and DVD-Audio discs!

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 06:19:08 am »

What's a DTS disc?
What's SACD?

Eaglesfan

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 07:23:59 am »

DTS is digital theater sound.. it is format used on many DVDS.  To use it you need a compatable receiver or DVD player

SACD is super audio cd, a format that hasnt caught on yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up