INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? - Cover art not storing inside the file in some cases?  (Read 1013 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Bug? - Cover art not storing inside the file in some cases?
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:59:49 pm »

Hi,

I think I finally found a pattern on a problem I've had for a long time.

I have the cover art set to be stored in a central location and inside the files. Some of the art was not storing properly inside the files and even for the same album, some of the songs got the art stored and the others didn't.

Could it be that updating a second tag "stops" the remaining updates?

This is the pattern I think I found:

1.- Import 10-12 albums with no cover art.
2.- Perform an Image->Get from Internet.
3.- Once the batch is finished, you'll see that message of "Updating tags, 156 remaining... 155...154...153... etc.
4.- Before the update is finished, change a different tag for some of the files, for instance the genre. You'll see the new message "updating tags, 170 remaining... 169... 168, etc.

The result is that even you will eventually get the message that all the tags have finally updated, some of the files will not have the cover art (first process launched) stored in the file.

My guess is that the files that were still not been updated when triggering the second process (#4 above) will not make it.

Deivit

Re: Bug? - Cover art not storing inside the file in some cases?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 01:03:18 pm »

I think I can reproduce this "bug?" consistently. The second process of updating tags while the first one is not yet over, results in the cover art for the remaining files of the first batch not being saved in the tags.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:54:04 am »

I have seen this occur somewhat often in the past where as you describe; if you initiated another change to the tags before the first was complete, the first did not complete. This was not limited to cover art, but affected other tag fields as well.
I have not seen this recently, but that may be due to my having altered my tagging & importing proceedure.
. . . the game is rigged

Deivit

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:15:59 am »

Thank you, AoXoMoXoA. I talked about cover art because it's part of my workflow and I set up a smartlist to identify the "offending" files. But, as you say, it could perfectly be that other tags are affected by this behaviour. Hope they can sort it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up