INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIG PROBLEMS WITH VER 9  (Read 1045 times)

Zuri

BIG PROBLEMS WITH VER 9
« on: September 08, 2002, 03:17:20 pm »

I installed ver 9 over ver 8 (big mistake). I should have heeded all the warnings... Then I noticed ver 9 updated 7,000 of my music files (whatever "update" does I don't know). Then all my artists, albums and categories were manipulated and changed in ways that terrified me (considering I have spent hundereds of hours on categorizing and labeling all that stuff). Suddenly there appeared artists that I never put there before and albums that have gibberish for names and one track in them, etc etc.

In a panic, I then tried to unistall ver 9 and reinstall ver 8. No luck there...When I ran ver 8, it wouldn't load and basically said: Your database info is too new for this version of MJ - update to the latest version of MJ.

So I'm not a real happy camper right now. Can anyone help with this??

Thank you very much,
Zuri

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:BIG PROBLEMS WITH VER 9
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2002, 03:25:54 pm »

In a panic, I then tried to unistall ver 9 and reinstall ver 8. No luck there...When I ran ver 8, it wouldn't load and basically said: Your database info is too new for this version of MJ - update to the latest version of MJ.

The Same thing happen to me, my only solution was erase all my library manualy and do a import files again and correct some fields on the tag's arghh. But i unnistaled first version 8.
Made in Portugal

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 03:26:22 pm »

Did you read the part about deleting your database files?  It probably will solve both problems (v9 and v8).
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2002, 03:36:42 pm »

You don't need to uninstall v8.  The problem is that the database structure is still changing.  It will be frozen by the end of this week and the conversion will be smooth.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 08:34:25 pm »

@JimH:

Do you support migration the database of build 9.0.53 to the then finished database-structure? I know that these are early alpha-builds, but it would simply be nice :-)

I have done quite some playing around with ver9. The picture-functions are amazing. They are stable and quick (as I like it). But I would like an option in a view scheme to automatically switch to icon-view (thumbnails) instead of detail-view (text), so that I don't have to do this manually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up