INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Podcasts  (Read 800 times)

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
Thoughts on Podcasts
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:57:08 am »

Hi, just a few thoughts from a Podcast newbie

I've only just bothered with this function after finding the TwitTV websiteand I love it

After using it for a few weeks I have a few thoughts about how they are handled

1) At the moment the delete setting is specified by number of items.
What I'd prefer is to be able to set this by how old the episodes are.
Some sites are extremely erratic, they may produce 5 in a week or only 1
Or maybe a 'delete listened to episodes after x days' ?

2) An easier ways of seeing if you've listened to the episode without having to make custom fields based on the number of plays and then addding the custom field to the view
Ok, I can do it pretty easily, but for new users being able to tell which one you've listened to is a lot of hassle.
Having a built in 'Listend To=True/False' (as a checkbox would be nice) and showing this field in the default column view for Podcasts would be a nice touch

3) Some I may want to keep. A 'do not auto-delete' context menu item would be great. Maybe, implemented as a check box in a field column. (Or maybe the exact opposite - a column for 'Auto Delete' is a better choice?)

4) An easy way to pass the podcast to other people. So, I've found a great Podcast and want to let my friends get it as well. At the moment I've got to edit the Podcast and copy/paste the 4 lines of data into an email/im, send it, and then they have to add the feed.
An 'Export Podcast to clipboard' and 'Import Podcast from clipboard' context menu would be a nice enhancement

I guess this is way to late for MC11, but maybe could be consdered for MC12?
Cheers Karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up