INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media/Library Server and playstats  (Read 1757 times)

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
Media/Library Server and playstats
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:18:23 pm »

Just a quick question.  I just saw this in a post:

"Library server is currently read-only, apart from playstats (ie. last played time, number of plays get updated on server)"

I take it even the playstat update is only available in MC11?  I have not upgraded from MC10, so i'm just making sure that i would need to upgrade to get that feature.

thanks!
steve
-steve

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media/Library Server and playstats
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:40:01 pm »

I really can't remember if the "server playcount update" feature was included already in MC10.

MC11.1 does not have any kind of switch for it. It is enabled automatically. I suppose you could just try if it works in MC10.

Also, you may want to check the MC12 beta forum out in case you decide to upgrade. MC12 is quite ready and many users have already upgraded from MC11.1 (or from earlier versions).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:06:23 pm »

Thanks for the reply...

And i have tried it, and happily connected to my library at home from work, i was just surprised to go back and realize that those tunes were still marked as "never played" ?

So i thought there might be an option somewhere to enable an update.  Of course, the more i thought about it, i realized that it seemed like the connection was really just downloading a copy of the library from the server, and modifying a local version of it, and not really sending anything back to the server. 

Odd that it's not an option, because i can imagine both wanting it to update it and not...

And thanks for noting the readiness of 12...as i saw it was out there already and wondered.  I assume there will be a decent upgrade option for 10 license holders. 
-steve

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:38:56 pm »

Perhaps it was not in MC10 then. You could try a forum search for making sure.

The playcount feature is on the server side. The server counts the served tracks. A client is always read only and does not provide any feedback.

I checked the MC11.1 server options before posting so I am pretty sure it doesn't have a switch for the playcount update.

MC12 prices are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36064.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lOth

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 03:09:30 pm »

Yeah, I seem to remember that the update of playstats and playcounts only appeared at some point in the development of MC11. I believe you'll have to upgrade to get these features.

lOth

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 03:35:59 pm »

Awesome--thanks all, that answers my question and gives me an excuse to upgrade ;-)
-steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up