INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange issue with MJMixerAutomation?  (Read 1551 times)

MahlerFreak

• Recent member
Strange issue with MJMixerAutomation?
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:34:00 pm »

I'm trying to use IMJMixerAutomation interface to set the playback volume in MC. The automation interface will not allow me to set the volume below 50 - it simply ignores any call to PutVolume(vol) if vol is less than 50. Curiously enough, the volume control in MC itself does not seem to work right either. I can drag the volume slider below 50%, and the volume level tracks, but as soon as I release the mouse down, the slider snaps back to the 50% position, although the volume level remains at whatever value it was when I released the slider. Anybody else have this problem? Does the fact that my library is all Apple Lossless files have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any advice anyone might be able to give ...

MahlerFreak

• Recent member
Re: Strange issue with MJMixerAutomation?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 05:55:45 pm »

BTW, I just tried using the command interface instead. It works identically - won't let me set volume below 50 ...

This is with MC 11.1.201

MahlerFreak

• Recent member
Re: Strange issue with MJMixerAutomation?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 06:10:47 pm »

Oh boy, just discovered that this is really a duh. If your volume settings are set to "system volume", and the overall system volume is 50%, well that is as low as MC will let you drive the slider. Sorry to waste your attention, and the storage bytes on the J River server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up