INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lynx Studio Two B as ASIO Multizone card  (Read 1446 times)

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Lynx Studio Two B as ASIO Multizone card
« on: October 24, 2006, 12:50:51 am »

Hi,

I am in the process of planning a multizone music system based on MC. I am looking for the right sound card for this application.

I want to use t ASIO output module and wonder whether you can use the LynxTwo for this application. I would expect that you could use this card for 3 zones and select ASIO with a different offset in each zone. 

Can anyone here confirm that this works?

Any other success stories for using a single multichannel sound card for multiple zones with ASIO output?

Cheers

Thomas

peri-archer

• Recent member
Re: Lynx Studio Two B as ASIO Multizone card
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:23:47 pm »

I am using Echo Gina 3G, which is capable of 6 outputs.
By multichannel, I guess you mean multiple outputs, a regular 5.1 or 7.1 consumer soundcard is a multichannel, but not a multiple outputs because those channels can not be configured independently. If that's the case, then, yes, you can use a multiple outputs soundcard for multiple zones. ASIO works fine, but I am not sure if you can select different ASIO buffer in each zone, it does not work for my Gina 3G.

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 06:24:12 pm »

Thanks peri-archer,

this is exactly what I was looking for. Independent Stereo pairs out of the same sound card.

The configuration I have in mind was to set up Mediacenter with 3 zones and select a different channel offset for the ASIO playback plugin. I assume that is how you set this up?

different buffer sizes are not an issue for me. Can you also address the digital ouput as a potential 4th zone?

Cheers

Thomas 

peri-archer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 04:05:07 pm »

Yes, you just need to choose channel offset to configure ASIO zones. Digital out can also be configured as another ASIO zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up