INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Fields  (Read 1487 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Request: Fields
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:48:41 pm »

Is there a way to view all tags or fields for a specific file (flac, mp3, jpg, avi) all together?  I store [Ben's Rating] in my FLAC files but if I ever abandoned that system, I wouldn't want to keep the tag in my files if possible.  What would be great is if you could add a feature on a right click on an item and perhaps Library Tools to add Complete Tag List.  This could pull up a window (or lower left pane) which would list every defined and undefined tag in existence in the file, allowing the user to delete the tag if possible.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Request: Fields
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:52:12 pm »

Are you saying that you don't want to use the "All Tags" option in the Tag Window?

Larry

benn600

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:58:43 pm »

Where do I pull that up?  I'm not at MC now so I can't look so I might see it with another glance.  I'll check it out when I get home.  thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:05 pm »

The expanded Format field in AW (click on it to expand) can usually show all tags that are physically in the files. I have not recently tried how this works with FLAC files but I recall seeing also tags that were generated by other programs and not present in the library.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benn600

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 07:51:58 pm »

Yep, it works great!  I never noticed the little extra button on the tag window but that really gives ability--being able to see every tag. 

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:03:51 pm »

I couldn't tell in your first post whether you didn't "know" about this capability, or didn't want to use it for some reason.  I'm glad to see you got it working. 

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:34:43 am »

And I can't tell if the All Tags button or the expanded Format field window was the discovery that works great.

They are separate things. The "All Tags" Action Window option shows all (or in some cases almost all) library data fields in AW.

The expanded Format field window is not connected to the library data fields. It shows directly all info that the used input plugin can read and display from the files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benn600

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 09:20:54 am »

No, I didn't know that existed.  I didn't see the little option button in the upper left portion of the tag pane.  Thanks for pointing that out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up