INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding top level item?  (Read 1497 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Adding top level item?
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:50:59 pm »

Can I add a top level item next to Audio, Images, Video?  I would like to edit the Audio tab and remove Podcasts and then create a new tab called Pods because they clutter up my Audio tab, especially when viewing cover art if the podcast doesn't have it.  I would also like to remove Podcasts from the video portion so they jump to this new view, Pods.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Adding top level item?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:57:26 pm »

You can add View Schemes to the main tree "list," but not to the very top next to "Audio," etc.  To add schemes to the "list," highlight "Start" when adding the View Scheme.  You can exclude Podcasts from the Audio and Video categories, then add a new View Scheme to the main list to do what you want, but it won't be grouped with "Audio, Images, Video."  You CAN tell the View Scheme to be listed at the TOP of the list, however.

Thanks

Larry

benn600

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:29 pm »

I knew that was possible but to make that a better option, can I make it an item which is displayed all the time like Drives or Plugins?  I know Podcasts is there by default but I don't use the MC podcast downloader because I need bittorrent and I like running downloads at night, so I run Juice on my server and it checks at night.  That way it helps on bandwidth for the podcast producers, doesn't slow my connection down, and I am less likely to see partial downloads when I'm awake.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »

can I make it an item which is displayed all the time like Drives or Plugins?

I'm not following you.  The new View Schemes you add to the main tree WILL be displayed all the time if you add them to the "top level" (i.e. if you have "Start" highlighted when you create them.)  They'll be permanent members of the tree that will always be visible since they are not "inside" any groups.

Thanks for any clarification on what you're asking.

Larry

benn600

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 05:55:01 pm »

Got it.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up