INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning Data Disc!!!  (Read 1616 times)

• World Citizen
Burning Data Disc!!!
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:01:44 pm »

When you burn a data a disc for say a car stereo. MC 11 doesn't burn in folders it burns them as a list of tracks even though they are from different artist. So when you go to listen on a car stereo you can't select folder you have to scroll through each individual track. Is there a way around this or a plug in or something. Maybe it's something to look out for in the future versions. Say when your burning a data disc and you drag over one individual track. I think MC 11 should go an create a folder on that disc for the artist of that track and then inside the artist folder it should create a folder for the album of that track and then burn the track inside the album folder. This would make it easier to access on a car stereo or whatever.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Burning Data Disc!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:18:20 pm »

It gets a little tricky, but if I understand you, the program should do what you want.  Take a look at "Options" after you've selected the tracks, but before clicking the "Burn" button.

Under "Options", play around with CD/DVD Folder and CD/DVD File Naming Options.  Before you burn, you can select "Details" to see how the CD will be written. 

I've had my own problems trying to get my car (MP3) CDs just the way I want them.  However, you can have artists and albums in separate folders which helps in navigation.  Some of my difficulty has been keeping the tracks in the proper order.  I've had to include the track number as the first part of the file name in most cases.  If you don't do that, you will get tracks in alphabetical order.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Burning Data Disc!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:07:48 pm »

Same issue here, but the issue is with the car player, not MC....

I prepend the track number to the track name to get proper car player sorting.  And I encode each album to a folder of the album name, with the release year prepended to the album name so the albums sort in release year order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up