INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Playlist  (Read 1471 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Smart Playlist
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:25:02 am »

Is there a way to create a smart playlist that can watch say Genres or Artist and add files to the playlist as files are added to the library that meet the playlist criteria? Does that make sense? For example I have a playlist called Garage, where I have added my Classic Rock, Surf Rock, Blues, and few other Genres that I like to listen to while in the garage. I would like if I add new files of those genres to the lirbary, that the playlist would know add the new files. Now I have to go in and recreate the playlist to get my new files in it, which kind of defeats the purpose of the playlists. I hoping I'm just missing how to do it. I looked at the smart list a bit but couldn't see how to get it to work. TIA for any ideas.
Thanks!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Smart Playlist
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:27 am »

It's really easy to do this.

In the Action Window, choose Build Playlist, then Build New Smartlist.

In the box that opens up, give your new Smartlist a name, and optionally a group to put it in.

Then click the Advanced button.

Then, in the Smartlist rule box, click the little down arrow, and choose Genre.

Then just select the Genres you want to include from the list that pops up.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:05 pm »

Ah ha! Clicking "on" the arrow was what I was missing. I was trying to manually type in a combination of Genre names and catagories but couldn't get the format correct. Thanks Doof, that really was Farm Animal Stupid (and in the help file I was reading over and over) ;)
Thanks!

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 06:32:11 pm »

O.K. still building my Smartlist here. Can one smartlist watch more than one type, and not filter out selections? Say I want to include: [Genre]=[Rock],[Pop] but I also want to include [Artist]=[Beach Boys] who are in [Genre]=[Surf Rock]. I don't want to add the whole [Surf Rock] Genre. Right now I can't seem to add Beach Boys because they are not in the Rock or Pop genres. Is this possible?
Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:15:57 am »

try:

g=[rock],[pop] or ar=[Beach Boys]

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:49:40 am »

Ah yes thanks Marko! Adding the or and then [Artist] worked great and then even the wizard works once you manually enter it. Perfect!

So example for others:
[Genre]=[Alternative],[Blues Rock],[Rock Pop],[Surf Rock] or [Artist]=[Audio Adrenaline],[Jeremy Camp]
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up