INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.101  (Read 3715 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.101
« on: October 25, 2006, 05:12:23 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120101.exe

History

12.0.101 (10/25/06)

1. NEW: Better handling of FFDShow and FLVSplitter installation and registration when playing FLV files.
2. Changed: Theater View picture skin items and backgrounds support matrix-style drawing.
3. Fixed: Theater View item positions could be shifted down one pixel.
4. Changed: Some tuning to the Noire Theater View skin.
5. Fixed: Some 3D visualizations would not handle sizing nicely.
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.
7. Fixed: Filter names in "List of DVD filters" was editable.
8. Fixed: FLAC (or other input plugin delivered types) would not properly appear in the file types list.
9. Fixed: Theater View button menus wouldn't show in exactly the correct location.
10. Fixed: Misbehaviors when selecting entries on TV channels lists on TV configuration dialogs.
11. Changed: When adding or removing files from a playlist in the Action Window, the ideal size is updated.
12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
13. Changed: Fullscreen bars only appear when the mouse enters the border area, instead of automatically when switching into Display View.
14. Changed: When changing the large underlying file for CUE files, the database could incorrectly update the CUE files that link into the large file.

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

1. Changed: Made list-type field range filtering work more like v11.
2. Changed: Theater View stacks were not re-randomized on restart.
3. Changed: When Theater View skips a single item level, it still adds it to the breadcrumbs.
4. Changed: Pressing Ctrl+A while editing lyrics or bios will select all the text.
5. Fixed: The tree and Action Windows wouldn't always renegotiate for space when collapsing a tree item.
6. Fixed: Right-click "Import Into Library" did not work for CUE files.
7. Fixed: DirectShow video playback would not work after MC is started by importing a track from Windows Explorer.
8. Changed: Enumerating devices better handles memory readers with no memory in them.
9. Optimized: Starting the program with a large log file could cause startup to be slower than expected.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash if left idle before connecting.
11. Changed: CUE files work nicer with the auto-import system. (they don't show as new files each import, but instead nicely detect changes, etc.)
12. Fixed: Forward and back keyboard shortcuts would get translated when in Display View. (switching hidden views)
13. Changed: In file renaming expressions, "Unknown Artist" (or similar) is only used when formatting a field for display. (so not when doing [Duration, 0], etc.)

12.0.99 (10/23/06)

1. Fixed: Playback of http:// images could cause a crash. (also applies to Google Images)
2. Changed: Google Images "Show webpage" option works better.
3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.
4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.
5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.
6. Fixed: During background thumbnail building, the status message (with cancel button) could fight with the main UI.
7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.
8. Fixed: Theater View could hang when viewing TV or CD files.
9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.
10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.
11. Changed: Column headers for fields with an ampersand (&) in the name wouldn't draw properly.
12. Fixed: When playing streams, failure to open temporary files may cause problems.

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.101
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:54:31 pm »

6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.

This appears to have fixed the issues I was seeing.  The Media Server client now shows the correct information for these fields, and clicking on either one does not cause MC to stop seeing the files.  Also, the Filename(path) is now displaying in the Panes, so it can once again be used for View Schemes.

Thanks for fixing/changing this.

On a related note, however, there is an odd issue now where clicking on the Filename(path) field and then clicking on Filename(name) WITHOUT first closing the "path" field causes MC to crash.  I've only tested this on the MC client -- I'll try it on the server and report back.

UPDATE:  I confirmed the same behavior on the server, and found other patterns to this issue (please see next post below.)

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:07:34 pm »

I'm seeing some odd behavior with clicking fields in the TW.

I click on a field to open it for editing.  When I then click on a different field WITHOUT first closing the first field, an entirely DIFFERENT field opens for editing.

For example:  I click on "Artist" in the TW which opens this field for editing.  I then click on "Album" (without first closing "Artist") and the "Rating" field opens for editing.  This behavior happens with any two consecutive fields, with a different "third" field opening depending on which two were first opened.  The workaround is to re-click the first field to close it before clicking the second field, but this shouldn't be needed.

I assume that this is related to my previous post in this thread, and I would be that it has something to do with this fix:

12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)

Thanks,

Larry

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:30:53 pm »

#8--FIXED

#12--FIXED

Thanks!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:32:24 pm »

This build still has this same OTTO issue:-

Bug:

OTTO is behaving strange. I've got it monitoring a network share for mp3's, and I have the "Update for external changes" check box option ticked  and the "fix broken links" option set to "yes" but it's not picking up external changes. Eg, if I manually delete a file from the share. If I restart MC or do a manual scan for changes, MC updates itself fine.

This used to work great last time I checked it.  

Also, if I do run the auto-import task manually, regardless of how often I do it, it always reports the following even though nothing has changed:

"Updated 31 files that had external changes."

The 31 files it's referring to always appear to be the same. A bunch of dvr-ms and vob files. But they are old an unchanged.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:37 pm »

#12--FIXED

Thanks!

jgreen -- could you possibly test this:  Click on a field in the TW, then click on a DIFFERENT field without closing the first field and see if yet another field (i.e. NOT the one you just clicked on) opens for editing (see my second post above for more details.)

I confirmed this on two different systems, but it would still help to have confirmation from another user.

Thanks,

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 07:02:53 pm »

10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.

This is still problematic if you toggle from standard view to Theater View. While in Theater View, you have to click somewhere to force the mouse pointer to auto-hide. If you're not toggling out of standard view everything's fine
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 08:00:06 pm »

larry--

I can confirm this, exactly as you say.  To repeat:

Click on any field in Tag window, so that it is open for editing.  I just clicked on "genre", which is 11 down in my tag window list.  With "genre" open, I then clicked on "Artist", which is number 2 in my tag window list of fields.  Instead of "artist" opening, "image file" opened, number 18 in my list.  note thhat in opening these i am clicking DIRECTLY on the data field (in tag), rather than the left-column label field.  Happens every time I do it.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 08:29:28 pm »

I also believe that this is directed towards the tagging bug that others and myself reported for recent builds, as that specific problem has been resolved.  However, I can no longer move between tagging fields within the same file.  Doing so causes MC to immediately crash. 

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 09:58:35 pm »

I also believe that this is directed towards the tagging bug that others and myself reported for recent builds, as that specific problem has been resolved.  However, I can no longer move between tagging fields within the same file.  Doing so causes MC to immediately crash. 

I also see crashes in certain situations when clicking around the TW.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 10:13:13 pm »

Bugs in the latest version:

1)  The Media Server client cannot open mp4 files via the library (they DO open if you navigate to them via Drives and Devices.)

2)  The Media Server client cannot open log files via the library (they DO open if you navigate to them via Drives and Devices.)

3)  Audible files (aa files) do not show ANY artwork ("image" or "thumbnail") even though the "Image" window indicates that art is present "inside file."  This behavior is the same on both the client AND the server.  These same files DID show art in MC11.

4)  mp4 files (and log files) do not show any art ("image" or "thumbnail") on the Media Server client.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 12:12:24 am »

larry--

I can confirm this, exactly as you say.  To repeat:

Click on any field in Tag window, so that it is open for editing.  I just clicked on "genre", which is 11 down in my tag window list.  With "genre" open, I then clicked on "Artist", which is number 2 in my tag window list of fields.  Instead of "artist" opening, "image file" opened, number 18 in my list.  note thhat in opening these i am clicking DIRECTLY on the data field (in tag), rather than the left-column label field.  Happens every time I do it.

Thanks for taking the time to confirm this.  Note that I see the same behavior even if I click on the left hand column instead of the actual data field.

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 12:16:49 am »

Cue support is still broken. Yes, using a new library fixes the problem. Unfortunately any users upgrading from MC11.1 are going to be unpleasantly suprised if they have also have 400GBs of video that would need retagging due to unsupported formats; it's not a viable solution for a number of reasons.

I upgraded my l11.1 ibrary with fully operational ape/cue files to MC12. Is there any way to delet whatever is lingering in the library. I have a DB Delete playlist setup but afraid to delete/recycle the "safe" files.

FIXED but not user friendly:
ALEX B - it took a while but you got me on the right track. I started a new library. Imported the Mozart folder and tagged a couple different fields for all files; I did Artist Album (auto) and also a user created tag field. Then a switched back to default, and EVERYTHING seems to be working. Can't thank you enough. Hopefully a fix can worked out for future users upgrading.

v/r
DC

DC

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 05:15:43 am »

I think i figured out why convert does not work sometimes.

when starting a convert MC stated in the convert window that it failed. so i made sure that the file was not locked.

then I changed the path to something shorter and MC then allowed the conversion.

if i remember correctly the file name and path was changed to use a max less than windows max (that could be the problem)

or

The mp3 encoders have a max something less that mc is trying to throw at it at the time.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:48 am »

an empty album name  with multiple artists are being reported as (Single-Artist (complete) when selecting album type.

see screen shot here http://home.surewest.net/keystone/mcat.png
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 11:00:06 am »

Well, they fixed about 3 of the issues I complained about 1-2 days ago!

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 01:23:35 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36619.msg249936#msg249936

I still have the same problem with the rename files from properties function with the german language!

Again an example:

The result in english is correct - the folder for an album is set in the following way:

H:\01 Audio\01 Albums\Dream Theater\Awake\

Running the same rule in german I get the following result:

H:\01 Audio\01 Albums\_Gemischtes Albums\Awake\

This result is based on the following rule:

IIF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Vocal,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Style],Comedy,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album,0),03 Audiobooks\Comedy\,03 Audiobooks\Comedy\[Artist]\[Album]),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album]),IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Audiobook,0),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album],IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Group],Unknown 24 Group),02 Tracks\1 by Genre\[Genre],02 Tracks\2 by Group\[Group]),IF(ISEQUAL([Mix Album],Unknown Mix Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Complete Album],Unknown Complete Album),04 InComplete Albums\[Artist]\[Album],01 Albums\[Artist]\[Album]),01 Albums\_Mix Albums\[Album]))))

For information: my field names and folders are numbered.

I did the same thing a second time. This time I got a different result but again wrong:

H:\01 Audio\01 Albums\_Mix Albums\Awake\

So, somtime there is a translation, sometimes not.

MC 12 is still not usable in non-english languages when applying advanced rules. This makes me sad because I want to upgrade to MC12. Especially, the performance has improved a lot - here you've done a great job.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 01:37:11 pm »

Chris, please read my response in the previous thread.

By design, "Unknown Complete Album" gets translated.  I posted a workaround in the old thread.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 01:55:16 pm »

When converting files, the conversion dialogue has a minimize button.
Hitting this minimize button actually minimizes Media Center.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 02:09:04 pm »

When converting files, the conversion dialogue has a minimize button.
Hitting this minimize button actually minimizes Media Center.

That one has bugged me for a while. ;)

If you go to Analyze audio, then minimize that window, the skin does not apply here. :o

Is anyone else noticing this skin drawing bug after panes auto size? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36643.msg249988#msg249988
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »

--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
When MC starts, it decides which split is active. I call this the 'primary' split. Sometimes, when running this test from the primary split, focus will remain with the primary when the display is closed. Using the secondary split, clicking 'play' under the thumbnail to launch display view, then clicking the close display button, MC always returns to standard view with the primary split activated, not the secondary split as expected.
--------
Wishes
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »

Chris, please read my response in the previous thread.

By design, "Unknown Complete Album" gets translated.  I posted a workaround in the old thread.

Matt, I've read the thread. Maybe, I just don't get it. But isn't it true that with these translations by design I always can expect unwanted results if use folders using an english term known by MC?

Okay, I can rename the folders like "Incomplete Albums" to prevent them renamed to "InKomplettes Album". But still your hint doesn't work for me. Maybe I do something wrong. Could you check this:

IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Vocal,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Style],Comedy,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Album,0],1 ,2),03 Audiobooks\Comedy\,03 Audiobooks\Comedy\[Interpret]\[Album]),03 Audiobooks\[Interpret]\[Album]),IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Audiobook,0),03 Audiobooks\[Interpret]\[Album],IF(ISEQUAL([Album,0],1,2),IF(ISEQUAL([Group,0],1,2),02 Tracks\1 by Genre\[Genre],02 Tracks\2 by Group\[Group]),IF(ISEQUAL([Mix Album,0],1,2),IF(ISEQUAL([Complete Album,0],1,2),04 InComplete Albums\[Interpret]\[Album],01 Albums\[Interpret]\[Album]),01 Albums\_Mix Albums\[Album]))))

This rule still produces Album folders under "\_Mix Albums" instead of "\01 Albums\[Artist]\...".

Thanks for your assistance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 03:42:58 pm »

Matt, I've read the thread. Maybe, I just don't get it. But isn't it true that with these translations by design I always can expect unwanted results if use folders using an english term known by MC?

Okay, I can rename the folders like "Incomplete Albums" to prevent them renamed to "InKomplettes Album". But still your hint doesn't work for me. Maybe I do something wrong. Could you check this:

IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Vocal,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Style],Comedy,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Album,0],1 ,2),03 Audiobooks\Comedy\,03 Audiobooks\Comedy\[Interpret]\[Album]),03 Audiobooks\[Interpret]\[Album]),IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Audiobook,0),03 Audiobooks\[Interpret]\[Album],IF(ISEQUAL([Album,0],1,2),IF(ISEQUAL([Group,0],1,2),02 Tracks\1 by Genre\[Genre],02 Tracks\2 by Group\[Group]),IF(ISEQUAL([Mix Album,0],1,2),IF(ISEQUAL([Complete Album,0],1,2),04 InComplete Albums\[Interpret]\[Album],01 Albums\[Interpret]\[Album]),01 Albums\_Mix Albums\[Album]))))

This rule still produces Album folders under "\_Mix Albums" instead of "\01 Albums\[Artist]\...".

Thanks for your assistance!

Hi Chris.

Nothing should get translated now.  Of course, some fields could return slightly different values when empty in different languages.

Perhaps if you could build a simple rule that shows a problem it would be easier.  The current rule is pretty mind bending.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up