INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12: AW -> File Properties, Where is it now?  (Read 2670 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
MC12: AW -> File Properties, Where is it now?
« on: October 25, 2006, 02:57:35 pm »

I can't figure out how to get to the AW -> File Properties... features that MC11 supported.  Where are they now?  (I used 3 of those features alot)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC12: AW -> File Properties, Where is it now?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 02:59:54 pm »

I used them too to see the album art for a selected track.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 03:07:27 pm »

I too...and I used Playlists to view how many playlists a track(s) belonged to and to setup track(s) in multiple playlists (easily).  Statistics was nice.  File Type Info was great for looking at all tag info (type 1 and 2 for MP3 and details about any selected file).

It's gotta be here in MC12 somewhere...it was too useful to 'remove'.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:13:38 pm »

Also, where'd the Download Manager go?  I used that one too (in MC10 and MC11).

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 03:18:55 pm »

statistics are on vacation at the moment. no-one knows when they'll return.

everything else is there in the new "Tag" window. "file type info" is now called "format" and you can get a full size, v11.1 style, image file view by clicking on the little thumbnail in the top left of the tag window.

I'm not sure about the download manager, it's not something I've ever used, not even out of curiosity, have I been missing much?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 03:22:28 pm »

I'm not sure about the download manager, it's not something I've ever used, not even out of curiosity, have I been missing much?

I remember seeing something about it being removed.  I didn't care because I too have never used it.  The comment from Matt at the time it was removed was something like, "removed because it wasn't too special anyway" (or something similar that didn't inspire a lot of curiosity about how it used to work).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 03:29:57 pm »

I used to use it back when I was on dial-up. It was pretty nice. Kind of like Go!Zilla used to be. I gave up using it a long time ago when I got cable modem.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 03:37:43 pm »

Thanks, I get it now (File Properties 'how to').

Sorry to here that about the DM, but 'ok'. :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 03:50:25 pm »

MC has a more specialized download manager built in now.  For example, explore Google Images or YouTube with MC and you can see it in action.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 05:14:30 pm »

Cool, not sure how to explore with MC, but it's nice you can do it somehow.  I sometimes get a list of URLs for files (mp3s mostly) to download and it'll be nice to use MC for that (still, like I did with the Download Manager).  Hope I can figure it out. :)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 06:44:13 pm »

Cool, not sure how to explore with MC,

The main three mediatype groups in the tree (Audio, Images, and Video) now have links to various sites (i.e. Google Images under "Images," YouTube under "Video.)  When you click on these, the sites open in the main MC window, where you can explore them from "within" MC.  Clicking on items when exploring from within MC brings up an MC menu where you can choose what you want to do with the files.  This is actually a REALLY nice feature.

Larry

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 07:42:32 pm »

The main three mediatype groups in the tree (Audio, Images, and Video) now have links to various sites (i.e. Google Images under "Images," YouTube under "Video.)  When you click on these, the sites open in the main MC window, where you can explore them from "within" MC.  Clicking on items when exploring from within MC brings up an MC menu where you can choose what you want to do with the files.  This is actually a REALLY nice feature.

Ok.  I clicked on each of those three, but I don't see any links to anything.  Where should the appear?  Even right-clicking on them does not show any such links.  :}

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 09:16:08 pm »

Ok.  I clicked on each of those three, but I don't see any links to anything.  Where should the appear?  Even right-clicking on them does not show any such links.  :}

You have to "open" the tree below Audio, Video, or Images.  Double click on Video (or click on the little arrow next to Video) to expand it, and then scroll the tree down until you see YouTube and Google Video.  They're there, unless you have Web Media disabled.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:15 pm »

As glynor said, you have to "open" the main groups using the little "down arrow."  Note that if you double click a main group, it will start playing the entire list (depending on how you have the "double click" behavior set in the options.)  If you want to expand the tree using two clicks, you have to pause in between clicking.  Note that you need to be using a recent version of MC to see these since they were only added recently.

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:51 am »

you have to "open" the main groups using the little "down arrow." 

On my PC these gray triangle shaped arrows are almost invisible when a tree item is selected and the backgound changes to blue (Noire skin). The header text changes to white, but not the triangle.

In general, the color choices should be tested with all official skins and the triangles could be a bit bigger. This may depend on if the size can be adjusted separately in the main tree branches where the triangle is on the right-hand side. A bigger triangle might look too crowded in the sub-branches.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 08:18:31 am »

You have to "open" the tree below Audio, Video, or Images.  Double click on Video (or click on the little arrow next to Video) to expand it, and then scroll the tree down until you see YouTube and Google Video.  They're there, unless you have Web Media disabled.

Got it now, I had Web Media disabled.  I reenabled WM and see everything now.  I like it.

Any way to navigate inside MC to another website that has download link in it so I can download from anywhere (replace Download Manager, I guess, for MC12)?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:24 am »

Got it now, I had Web Media disabled.  I reenabled WM and see everything now.  I like it.

Any way to navigate inside MC to another website that has download link in it so I can download from anywhere (replace Download Manager, I guess, for MC12)?

I was shocked, frankly, that you might not know how to open the tree item, but figured who knows....

Glad it wasn't that!   ;D

Oh, and Larry.... Good call on the pausing between.  Forgot that fine detail.

Pages: [1]   Go Up