INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [12.0.100] Playback Options Ignored  (Read 1598 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
[12.0.100] Playback Options Ignored
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:54:45 pm »

I went ahead and purchased MC ;D and upgrade to 12.0.100. I noticed in playback that the playback options seem to be ignored.

I am playing back some m4a files. There is no cross-fade, and I have it set to aggressive at 16s. It used to work. I set stop to fadeout slow. I hear no difference. It's an immediate stop. "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)" is checked, but I am hearing leading and trailing silence. (Can I hear silence?  :) )

I checked to see if the playback options were set to alternate mode. Nope. It's not checked.

What else can I check? Is it working for others? If so, what music file format do you use ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: [12.0.100] Playback Options Ignored
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:05:05 pm »

Only files played in the native audio engine can support all of the fancy playback abilities.

Most files fall into this category, but M4A uses the QT engine by default.

Someone may be able to point you to DirectShow filters for M4A files so MC can leverage all it's abilities for M4As as well.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:13:42 pm »

But it was working. I remember telling a friend in IM how nice the cross-fade feature is.

Hmm. I wonder if it stopped working when I uninstalled the RealPlayer and installed the Real Alternative. Those two apps and MC are the only media changes I've made lately.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 03:48:23 pm »

One easy way of checking whether a track is played in DirectShow or Quicktime is to see if Spectrum analyzer appears in the "Current file" info window.

What DirectShow filters were you using for m4a's (when it worked)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 04:14:30 pm »

One easy way of checking whether a track is played in DirectShow or Quicktime is to see if Spectrum analyzer appears in the "Current file" info window.

Hey! You're right. The Spectrum Analyzer has stopped working. It used to appear to the left and right of the file info.

I thought about what else I might have changed. I installed ffdshow, but I'm pretty sure it was working after I installed that.

What DirectShow filters were you using for m4a's (when it worked)?

I am not sure. I have a lot of applications installed that support m4a, but which is registered as the preffered CODEC, I don't know. I have the Microsoft Windows XP Video Decoder on my HTPC which lets me check what CODECs are installed and which is my preferred. Is there something similar to help me with audio? I tinkered with ffdshow's audio configuration utility with no effect.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:31 pm »

Besides decoders (such as FFDShow audio decoder), you also need to have a splitter filter that can understand mp4 format. Maybe the splitter gets uninstalled or unregistered somehow. Try installing MP4 Splitter .
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 06:32:32 pm »

Besides decoders (such as FFDShow audio decoder), you also need to have a splitter filter that can understand mp4 format. Maybe the splitter gets uninstalled or unregistered somehow. Try installing MP4 Splitter .

You're right again. It's working again. Thank you!  ;D Something must have unregistered.

For anyone who might be reading this in the future via a search, I found the following links helpful too.

Question 14: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62723
Good doc w/pics: http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/MP4_Usage_Guide_page2.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up