INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.102  (Read 11531 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.0.102
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 04:50:46 am »

After running the "Build missing thumbnails" on a Media Server client, the thumbnails are still not built.  I tried erasing and re-building all thumbnails on the client, and even though it took almost an hour and a half and said it was done, I can still see MC building the thumbnails when I first browse to an album on the client.  Also, as I navigate, only the first line of the album art appears until I scroll the track pane, after which the remaining lines of the album art appear.

This didn't happen a couple builds ago -- i.e. once I ran the "re-build" function, the thumbnails all showed up immediately as I navigated.

Larry

PS.  Please see my posts above for other "image" related bugs, such as the fact that Audible files are not displaying any art in MC12 (these files DID display art in MC11.)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 05:36:07 am »

Sorry,
In the Netherlands (or at least I am) used to the 24 Hours time format.
I know i am not the only one in Europe ...  ;)

No, you didn't check carefully what I corrected. You said you are used to 12 h format in your original post. I corrected this by adding the missing "not". (I know what format is used in NL.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 09:56:41 am »

I don't think the Auto size columns option is working. I have it checked and according to help, this is what it's supposed to do:
This will automatically re-size the columns in the content pane to fit the longest item in each column.

I have various Artist names in my view and it seems like it's adjusting just to the first name or maybe doing an overall average. For example, the first Artist is America and later on in the list is Chicago, Genesis, and Blood Sweat & Tears. With the option checked, the Artist column is very narrow. If I resize it so I can see the longest one, open the Options for the Tree & View option and just click OK (the Auto size columns is still checked), the Artist column will go back to being narrow.
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 10:19:07 am »

My ipod is being recognized as a 2gb ipod in the header, but it displays the free space, etc. correctly.

Ah, I got it. It's being recognized as second generation. And shows a nice little pic of the ipod too. Same colour and everything. Very nice.

-------------
On another note,
I have recently purged my library of all camera raw files. I noticed that the camera raw cache doesnt get automatically cleared. Perhaps it should. Maybe it should be controlled by Otto. I have no idea about the cover art folder, but I'd feel all warm and safe inside if i knew that MC was maintaining that folder too (deleting any image in there that isnt linked to a file in the MC library.)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 10:52:09 am »

I posted this on the Sound Spectrum forum first, but thought it should probably go here too. Any one else getting this?
Subject: Display location / size switch bug in MC
Bug Report - brief description of problem

Your System Information
Version of your OS: Win XP SP2 w/ latest updates
Version of G-Force 3.5.6
Version of your media player: J River Media Center 12.0.102
Graphics hardware info: Nvidia GeForce 6600GT & 7800GT

Detailed Description of Bug
When G-Force starts in say the small display box that's in the tree area and it's displaying the cover art and title info, if you switch to Playing Now, the cover and title do not scale correctly and become large and pixelated.
Thanks!

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 12:03:36 pm »

When using the Configure Library Fields screen under Options->Library & Folders->Standard Library Fields, click & Edit Field (popup), you cannot see/scroll the read-only text under the Data group for Template.  So, lots of fields get truncated and you can't see what they do or are set to.  Frustrating when you want to make a user field like a standard field, but you can't see and/or select and copy the values.

JONCAT

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 12:15:03 pm »

I am doing a lot of ripping and my custom tag fields or any fields not on the CD are not listed with new CDs. Every time I rip a cd some of the custom fields or existing fields need to be manually modified. I keep having to maually add the fields to the CDs' list of exisitng fields. Is this a bug?

A user could edit later and there are a few fields I can use copy field function but I would like to get the tagging done & rip; right now this is really bogging me down.

Every other view remembers what fields have been added for display; shouldn't the Device tags follow suit?

DC

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:35 pm »

I don't think the Auto size columns option is working. I have it checked and according to help, this is what it's supposed to do:
This will automatically re-size the columns in the content pane to fit the longest item in each column.

I have various Artist names in my view and it seems like it's adjusting just to the first name or maybe doing an overall average. For example, the first Artist is America and later on in the list is Chicago, Genesis, and Blood Sweat & Tears. With the option checked, the Artist column is very narrow. If I resize it so I can see the longest one, open the Options for the Tree & View option and just click OK (the Auto size columns is still checked), the Artist column will go back to being narrow.

try tools>options>tree & view>advanced>allow auto-size to cut off long values

FWIW, I too feel that the compromise here has shifted a tad, and while I prefer the "cut off long values" option to be checked, it would appear that recently, it's gotten a little agressive.
I think it's cutting them too short, and on top of that, many of the column headers are unreadable.
Seriously, the track # column is even truncating track numbers above 9!! any double figure track # shows as "..." and in my book, that's over aggressive!

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 01:17:36 pm »

No, you didn't check carefully what I corrected. You said you are used to 12 h format in your original post. I corrected this by adding the missing "not". (I know what format is used in NL.)

:-\ Read to quickly. Well ... I am sure in the end the request is clear.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

dcwebman

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 01:48:17 pm »

try tools>options>tree & view>advanced>allow auto-size to cut off long values

Yup, that brought it back right. But you are probably right that it is being too aggressive in cutting off values.
Jeff

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2006, 01:49:15 pm »

inconsistant display behaviour of "playlists" in the tag window.

list some tracks. some of those tracks are in a playlist, not all of them, but in the list of tags in the tag window, it displays the playlist name, which, following tag window logic, implies that all tracks are in that playlist. Clicking on the playlist entry, then waiting several seconds for the playlists tree to load, reveals the truth.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:28 pm »

When tagging in the Action Window, if I have a track with comments, and then click the comments to edit them, I get a drop down showing all the comments of all tracks, rather than a text edit box with the current tracks' comment in it...

Cheers
Rob

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2006, 03:48:52 pm »

If I configure a user library field with the predefined values 0;1 then the 0 is not displayed in the dropdown combo when editing the tags.
Info: I thought about a boolean value yes/no.

"0" and empty are equivalent for numeric fields in MC, so this is expected.  "Mix Album" and several other internal fields work the same way.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up