INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.102  (Read 11532 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.102
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:23:41 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120102.exe

History

12.0.102 (10/26/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler can now record internet streams. (radio stations, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed experimental "advanced play" right click option.
3. Fixed: Clicking from one tag field to another in the Action Window could cause issues.
4. Fixed: When switching directly from Standard View to Theater View, the mouse would not hide until it was moved a little.
5. Fixed: The detached display window would not be properly skinned.
6. NEW: On screen display of zooming percentage when zooming video, DVD, or TV.
7. NEW: +/- keys zoom video in or out.
8. Fixed: In-place editing of pane values wouldn't update the panes until a manual refresh was performed.
9. Fixed: Panes wouldn't update right away when adding a new value in tagging mode.
10. Optimized: Minimizing and restoring the application is much faster. (skin, database, etc. are still unloaded for background usage efficiency on minimize, so some lag is expected)
11. Fixed: Compressed WAV files would not import properly.
12. Changed: Converter, Recorder, and Audio Analyzer minimize more nicely.
13. Fixed: When burning an mp3 or wma transcoded data disc, the displayed burn size and number of disks was incorrect.

12.0.101 (10/25/06)

1. NEW: Better handling of FFDShow and FLVSplitter installation and registration when playing FLV files.
2. Changed: Theater View picture skin items and backgrounds support matrix-style drawing.
3. Fixed: Theater View item positions could be shifted down one pixel.
4. Changed: Some tuning to the Noire Theater View skin.
5. Fixed: Some 3D visualizations would not handle sizing nicely.
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.
7. Fixed: Filter names in "List of DVD filters" was editable.
8. Fixed: FLAC (or other input plugin delivered types) would not properly appear in the file types list.
9. Fixed: Theater View button menus wouldn't show in exactly the correct location.
10. Fixed: Misbehaviors when selecting entries on TV channels lists on TV configuration dialogs.
11. Changed: When adding or removing files from a playlist in the Action Window, the ideal size is updated.
12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
13. Changed: Fullscreen bars only appear when the mouse enters the border area, instead of automatically when switching into Display View.
14. Changed: When changing the large underlying file for CUE files, the database could incorrectly update the CUE files that link into the large file.

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

1. Changed: Made list-type field range filtering work more like v11.
2. Changed: Theater View stacks were not re-randomized on restart.
3. Changed: When Theater View skips a single item level, it still adds it to the breadcrumbs.
4. Changed: Pressing Ctrl+A while editing lyrics or bios will select all the text.
5. Fixed: The tree and Action Windows wouldn't always renegotiate for space when collapsing a tree item.
6. Fixed: Right-click "Import Into Library" did not work for CUE files.
7. Fixed: DirectShow video playback would not work after MC is started by importing a track from Windows Explorer.
8. Changed: Enumerating devices better handles memory readers with no memory in them.
9. Optimized: Starting the program with a large log file could cause startup to be slower than expected.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash if left idle before connecting.
11. Changed: CUE files work nicer with the auto-import system. (they don't show as new files each import, but instead nicely detect changes, etc.)
12. Fixed: Forward and back keyboard shortcuts would get translated when in Display View. (switching hidden views)
13. Changed: In file renaming expressions, "Unknown Artist" (or similar) is only used when formatting a field for display. (so not when doing [Duration, 0], etc.)

12.0.99 (10/23/06)

1. Fixed: Playback of http:// images could cause a crash. (also applies to Google Images)
2. Changed: Google Images "Show webpage" option works better.
3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.
4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.
5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.
6. Fixed: During background thumbnail building, the status message (with cancel button) could fight with the main UI.
7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.
8. Fixed: Theater View could hang when viewing TV or CD files.
9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.
10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.
11. Changed: Column headers for fields with an ampersand (&) in the name wouldn't draw properly.
12. Fixed: When playing streams, failure to open temporary files may cause problems.

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.102
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:39 pm »

13. Fixed: When burning an mp3 or wma transcoded data disc, the displayed burn size and number of disks was incorrect.

Thank You - I'll retry it later this evening and let you know how it works.  Very fast fix, very cool.

20:54  Seems to be working perfectly.  Over the next few days I'll test it more closer to the limits to see how it reacts.  Thanks for the fast response.

There still seems to be a problem with burning at the edges of a cdr capacity.

The stated capacity of the blank is 700mb and there is always 702 or 703mb available.

So this 699mb set of tracks should have burned to a single cd.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:01:15 pm »

3. Fixed: Clicking from one tag field to another in the Action Window could cause issues.

Moving between tag fields no longer causes MC to crash.  Also, it seems that long text fields, such as Bios and Notes opens for editing faster than previously.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 05:05:08 pm »

10. Optimized: Minimizing and restoring the application is much faster. (skin, database, etc. are still unloaded for background usage efficiency on minimize, so some lag is expected)
This is working real nice. A good improvment. Thx ;D
Thanks!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »

I was trying to get cover art from MC, but there was many it could not find.

I loaded the files into music match and it found more.

i loaded the files back into MC and when i click on the mp3 the art shows in the action window.

when in thumbnail mode the image does not show

rebuild thumbnails did not work

only when i erased all the thumbnails and then used rebuild thumbnails did the images\thumbnails show.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 05:54:53 pm »

an empty album name  with multiple artists are being reported as (Single-Artist (complete) when selecting album type.

see screen shot here http://home.surewest.net/keystone/mcat.png
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 05:56:47 pm »

#10--FIXED, and another home run for the jriver crew!  Recovery from minimized is almost immediate, faster even than previous versions.  Thanks, guys!

johnnyboy

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 06:49:32 pm »

Why was #2 removed?
I had my system set to this and liked it.

As it was an option, how was there a down side to it as no one who didn't want it, had to use it.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:15:47 pm »

BUG:

OTTO breaks if your watch folder contains DVR-MS files. More info here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36671.0

Note: Last time I checked this (at least a handful of builds ago) it was working ok.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 07:35:32 pm »

Theater View Fonts: sorry to bring this up again....

They still look great since the recent improvements but I just noticed that if I change the font size in the user options from anything other than "Large", the jaggered/rough edges return on my system especially on the text underneath thumbs. I've never noticed this before because I always use large fonts.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44:31 pm »

9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.

This is causing the left hand nav highlight to disappear under certain scenarios. Eg:

1. Go into audio view
2. Use left hand nav menu to choose "Change View" (to toggle from thumbs to list or visa/versa)
3. Drill down to play a song (note: the "Change View" menu item no longer appears)
4. Move the cursor to the left hand nav menu - It's gone!

You need to arrow up to show it again.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 07:49:22 pm »

6. NEW: On screen display of zooming percentage when zooming video, DVD, or TV.
7. NEW: +/- keys zoom video in or out.

This is a fantastic feature!

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 08:05:52 pm »

Confirmed -- this seems to have cleared up the issues reported in the last build.  Thanks.

The following Bugs remain:

1)  The Media Server client cannot open mp4 files via the library (they DO open if you navigate to them via Drives and Devices.)

2)  The Media Server client cannot open log files via the library (they DO open if you navigate to them via Drives and Devices.)

3)  Audible files (aa files) do not show ANY artwork ("image" or "thumbnail") even though the "Image" window indicates that art is present "inside file."  This behavior is the same on both the client AND the server.  These same files DID show art in MC11.

4)  mp4 files (and log files) do not show any art ("image" or "thumbnail") on the Media Server client.

5)  On the server, mp4 files show thumbnails and an image in the corner of the TW, but when you click on the image in the TW, the "Image" window that pops up says "no image."

Is it okay to keep reporting these issues?  I've reported them in the last several builds, but I've never gotten any feedback on them, and I'm not sure what this means.  Please note that I'm NOT trying to rush anything here -- I'm simply in the dark.  I think these are relatively important issues, but I want to make sure I'm not annoying anybody by repeating these reports.

PS.  Gapless support is still broken on the iPod, but since it was reported that it was going to be looked into, I haven't been mentioning it.  I just want to make sure this issue remains "on the table."

Thanks,

Larry

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 10:28:53 pm »

BUG: When you change hue/contrast/etc. in video playback options, then click cancel in the bottom right, the changes don't 'cancel' as promised. ;)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 11:15:43 pm »

Bug:  When using the "Navigation" Favorites to navigate, the tree does not auto-collapse correctly.  It DOES auto expand, but when you navigate to another branch, it leaves the previous branch expanded, forcing you to have to collapse it manually.  This does NOT happen when navigating in the tree directly.

I use the Favorites to navigate more easily to things like "Audible," so this gets annoying since I have to keep manually collapsing the tree all the time.

Thanks,

Larry

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 12:08:27 am »

Web Media Links doesn't seem to work.  The following plays in MC11 but not MC 12 (File->Open URL).
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/11408.mpl

The direct URL works.
http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1074/~~~stream~~~.mp3

With MC12 I get an IE popup that says:

Invalid Menu Handle

Do I need to uninstall MC11 in order for this to work?

Media Center 12.0.102 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2157 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: AOPEN    DUW1608/ARR        Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 12:32:53 am »

What happened to ctrl-A on a list?  This command no longer highlights all songs.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 01:40:07 am »

Not sure if this is still a problem.

I was running previous build of MC12 (101), and went to install build 102.

It kept coming up with an error that it couldn't overwrite jrimage.dll. Now I checked Task Manager under windows, and noticed that the CDLabeler.exe (or whatever it was called) was still running (I had made a couple of labels for CDs for the car this morning).

So, it appeared that the MC labelling process had not exited when MC12 was shutdown (v101). Ending this task allowed the install to run correctly.

FYI
Cheers
Rob

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 02:13:13 am »

2. Changed: Removed experimental "advanced play" right click option.

Why was #2 removed?
I had my system set to this and liked it.

As it was an option, how was there a down side to it as no one who didn't want it, had to use it.

Check my reply here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36672

I think my suggestion would be useful for everyone.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 04:08:07 am »

Not fixed yet:

Re: Media Center 12.0.98
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006 »    

- When MC builds a thumbnail for a video file it does not use the linked cover art file (or screen capture file). The image file must be manually relinked.

This is a real problem if the user happens to have a lot of linked cover art or captured images.
After MC12 has created new thumbnails the only way to make the linked images appear as thumbnails is to remove all cover art links and manually recreate the links again (one by one).

Re: Media Center 12.0.98
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006 »    

The SmallIcons.png file has the same icon for the imported and unimported documents.

The "unimported document" icon should be yellow. A fixed file is here:

SmallIcons.png

The file contains also my suggestion of the slightly darker yellow note icon that matches better with the other "unimported" icons.

This function works already. Only a small change in the smallicons.png file is needed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 05:30:05 am »

What happened to ctrl-A on a list?  This command no longer highlights all songs.

Click the list to ensure it has the focus.  It's working for me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 08:40:22 am »

Not fixed yet:

This is a real problem if the user happens to have a lot of linked cover art or captured images.
After MC12 has created new thumbnails the only way to make the linked images appear as thumbnails is to remove all cover art links and manually recreate the links again (one by one).

If the "Image File" field is filled for a video, it should use it for the thumbnail. (and it is for me)

Could you explain in more detail what the problem is?

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 09:01:47 am »

If the "Image File" field is filled for a video, it should use it for the thumbnail. (and it is for me)

Could you explain in more detail what the problem is?

MC12 does not build new thumbnails from my linked cover art when I restore an MC11.1 library backup (I do this almost daily).

The Image File field looks correct after a restore, but MC creates thumbnails from the video itself exactly like when the Image File field is empty.

I supposed that this happens also when the image is linked with MC12, but I have not tried it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 09:07:21 am »

MC12 does not build new thumbnails from my linked cover art when I restore an MC11.1 library backup (I do this almost daily).

The Image File field looks correct fine after a restore, but MC creates thumbnails from the video itself exactly like when the Image File field is empty.

I supposed that this happens also when the image is linked with MC12, but I have not tried it.

There must be something a little more complicated because if I specify an Image File, and then rebuild thumbs, it uses the Image File.

Is the "Image File" field in your library set to a relative path, a missing file, or anything else tricky?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:56 am »

There must be something a little more complicated because if I specify an Image File, and then rebuild thumbs, it uses the Image File.

Is the "Image File" field in your library set to a relative path, a missing file, or anything else tricky?

It's just a short filename without a path. The link works fine after removing and relinking the same image file with MC12.

I assumed you could easily reproduce the problem. I guess I need to test this more and try other PCs too.

EDIT

I have not tested if the same happens when the image files are originally linked using MC12 and the thumbnails are rebuilt after a library restore. Could MC12 handle a restored MC11.1 library somehow differently?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 12:19:04 pm »

Click the list to ensure it has the focus.  It's working for me.

Well, I guess a nights rest helped me and MC out. :)
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 12:30:57 pm »

In the  meanwhile I tried a few things. Here's a list of my findings:

- The original library version (MC11.1 vs. MC12) is not related
- A library restore is not related
- If the image file has a complete directory path MC12 creates the thumbnails always correctly.
- If the image file is in the same folder with the video files (i.e. only the filename is linked) MC12 creates the thumbnails from the video content.

- This is rather odd:

I have a folder with 22 video files. I linked all files with an image file from the same folder. After that I erased all thumbnails. MC couldn't rebuild the thumbnails from the image file. It created them from the video content.

Then I relinked only one of the video files with a different image file from a separate folder. I didn't touch the other 21 video files. On next thumbnail rebuild attempt MC created correct thumbnails from the linked images for all 22 video files.

EDIT

Looks like the oddness happens only if the two image files have the same filename. I tried it again so that the two image files had different names. This time MC created 21 thumbnails from the video content (image in the video file folder) and only one thumbnail from the image file (image in another folder).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 01:10:52 pm »

I have Otto set up to monitor a network share. The only file format it's supposed to be looking for is .mpl.

This doesn't appear to be working. I've added a new MPL file to the share, but none of the files it references are imported.

JONCAT

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 05:22:30 pm »

Recent APE/CUE fix doesn't apply to files played over Library Server.

DC

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 11:16:44 pm »

In version 12.0.101, when Renaming Files From Properties using the [Genre]\Artist]\[Album] rule, the Artist folder is not picked up correctly, and it just creates a folder called "Artist]" and then puts the Album subfolder in that.  This is new to this version or at least to recent versions.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 11:39:49 pm »

Perhaps I'm dim, but I can't seem to record a stream with the scheduler. It sets up ok and I can see that the status is Running. But when I go to the Base Path set under Output File Location I don't find anything. I'm trying the Radio Paradise 192k stream. http://scfire-ntc0l-1.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1049. I also tried http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_192a.m3u.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 12:55:24 am »

I have Otto set up to monitor a network share. The only file format it's supposed to be looking for is .mpl.

This doesn't appear to be working. I've added a new MPL file to the share, but none of the files it references are imported.

Hi Doof. Does this share contain video files or do you have another watch folder set up for importing video files (nameley dvr-ms)? I have a related problem. Details here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36671.0

Z-Wave Home Automation

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 04:19:48 am »

I'm still getting garbled panes in tagging mode whenever I do a F5 refresh.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 06:03:47 am »

I just tried to "Convert Format" of a bunch of wav files. I had told it to import the new files into the library and not to delete the original files.

What it ended up doing was creating a bunch of mp3s (good), and changing the file type info for the wavs to mp3 too, so that it looked like I had duplicates of the mp3s. These of course didnt play, and the original wavs were nowhere to be found in the library.

When I ran an auto-import the original wavs were newly imported files.

I should mention that the wavs had garbled characters (had originally been Japanese characters but copied to a terstation that doesnt recognise those characters) for filenames. I had tagged them properly and told the conversion process to create artist/album folders for the new mp3s.  MC created mp3s with the same garbled names as the wavs (becuase i had set the directory to the terastation). Perhaps there is some relation to the use of characters or something.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 08:35:05 am »

In the search box, click on "Imported today" preset and changed it to say 14d instead of 1d. Double click on a genre tile to enter it, but nothing gets filtered. Still see all artists.

Click on an ape file. In the tag window, click on a link in the playlists field to see that playlist and then MC seizes up. Had to force close it.

JONCAT

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 09:22:40 am »

Options window hanging a ton, especially during playback. I keep having to kill MC.

DC

dcwebman

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 11:56:09 am »

This problem is happening again that was fixed in an earlier version of 12:

I use a separate cover art folder, but for backup case, I also copy the image file to the album folder. Some songs for an album already existed. and I added more songs for that album but MC used the cover art in the album folder instead of the image in the cover art folder.
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2006, 10:33:52 pm »

Also with "Convert format", when applied to tracks made from a ape file (separated through a cue file), I just got mp3s with empty tags. I had to retag them myself.

And the same duplicate issue. I see two sets of ape files for the album on top of the mp3s it made. One set plays. The other doesnt.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 11:44:52 pm »

Been getting lots of runtime errors than cause MC to crash. You then have to manually kill the MC12 process before you can start up again.

Examples include:
Tagging a cue file.
Just general browsing.
Tagging in tagging mode.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 01:58:06 am »

In version 12.0.101, when Renaming Files From Properties using the [Genre]\Artist]\[Album] rule, the Artist folder is not picked up correctly, and it just creates a folder called "Artist]" and then puts the Album subfolder in that.  This is new to this version or at least to recent versions.

Check your syntax shouldn't it be [Genre]\[Artist]\[Album] ?

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 07:48:10 am »

If I configure a user library field with the predefined values 0;1 then the 0 is not displayed in the dropdown combo when editing the tags.
Info: I thought about a boolean value yes/no.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 08:15:14 am »

When trying the scheduler I found that the timer format is set to 12 Hours AM/PM.
In Europe we are used to that. Would it be possible to have the option to set it to the 24 hours format?
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 08:56:42 am »

When trying the scheduler I found that the timer format is set to 12 Hours AM/PM. In Europe we are used to that.

A small correction: In Europe we are not used to that.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 09:00:42 am »

I defined a USB drive's sub-dir as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 10:23:31 am »

Not a bug, but two small, but handy feature requests for the Converting Files process in Library Tools.  Sorry if this is not the right protocol, but not clear where to request such new features for v12 in the forum. 

1)  When converting files, and selecting the checkbox to create artist & album subdirectories, it would be nice for the process to also correctly handle converting compilation albums. Right now it incorrectly creates a separate artist subdirectory for each artist in the compilation album.  I can just not check the box to create a subdirectory for a given compilation album, and then create the subdirectories afterwards by hand, but then I have to convert such albums one at a time in order to keep them separate, instead of including them in a batch process.

2) During file conversion, show a total count of files to be converted, and files converted thus far, consistent with the process to Analyze Audio.

Thanks much.   :)

JONCAT

YADB submissions for untagged CDs/CD tag dialogue
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 04:31:51 pm »

Trying to get the CD Dialogue back up after canceling cd tag editing by using Submit to CD Database; this results in no dialogue for quick & easy editing and the empty info gets submitted to YADB.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=post;topic=36755.0;num_replies=1

v/r
DC

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 05:12:56 pm »

Album Thumbnails are suddenly not showing up for files/albums that have cover art. The image tags show a link to the file in my cover art folder in spite of having saved the art in the mp3 files.

Editing tags, the balloon tooltips block your view of what is being edited.

When choosing Display View, if MC is on my Secondary Monitor and open to Full-Screen, Display View opens Minimized and hidden. However, if MC is either on my primary monitor -or- on my secondary monitor but NOT full-screen, then Display View opens fine (only happens on Secondary Monitor + Full-Screen).

Question: have you ever considered making the File Association list sorted by TYPE rather than alphabetically?
i.e.: I like to choose Audio & Video files but it is difficult to locate them hidden amoung the other types.
. . . the game is rigged

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 08:10:33 pm »

Been having this issue for the last several builds but just figured out how to consistently reproduce:

iPod shows up twice in handheld list with the same drive letter.  First item in list has the options set, second item acts like a 'new' handheld.  Windows just sees it as a single drive/device.

To reproduce:
Connect iPod.
Click Eject Button and wait for 'Do Not Disconnect' message to go away on device.
Disconnect iPod from machine and then reconnect.

I tried your instructions and did not have this issue.

Have your re-initialized your iPod lately?  Once in a while there are some changes made to the way iPods are handled in MC and you need to -re-initialize an iPod with the new version of MC before it will work correctly.

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 08:27:24 pm »

I Was Fixing Some Of My Episode Numbers In My Boston Blackie Collection And Notice There Was A "Episode" Field Under Options > Library & Folders

The Problem Is MC Is Not Allowing Me To Add it Because When I Right Click On The List Header, And Look In "Colums" It Is Not Listed, but It Is Listed Under "Customize Current Views"

Are there other Fields MC12 Is Listing in One But Not The Other? (I Did Not Count Them).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 11:41:10 pm »

A small correction: In Europe we are not used to that.

Sorry,
In the Netherlands (or at least I am) used to the 24 Hours time format.
I know i am not the only one in Europe ...  ;)
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up