INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: possible: play Google/YouTube videos on iPod?  (Read 1068 times)

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
possible: play Google/YouTube videos on iPod?
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:11:19 pm »

Is it possible to play the newly available Google vidoes (FLV) on an iPod using MC? 

There are programs out there to convert FLV to mp4 but I didn't know if the codecs and such now included with MC can do that or not.

BTW, I downloaded mc 12.0.101 and it setup the google video piece perfectly.  It paused a bit while it downloaded new software and then worked fine.  Good job.

RobOK

Re: possible: play Google/YouTube videos on iPod?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:22:24 am »

i found this on wikipedia, will do some experimenting....

Besides GVI and Flash Video, Google provides its content through downloadable Audio Video Interleave (.avi) and MPEG-4 (.mp4) video files. Not all formats are available through the website's interface, however, depending on the user's operating system.

If available, Google's "save as" function for Windows/Mac will produce an .avi file, while the "save as" function for iPod and PSP will produce an .mp4 file.

If possible, i would like to save as .mp4 through media center.

EDIT:  On some Google videos, when viewing the page, off to the right there is a DOWNLOAD button and a drop down.  If you pick from the drop down you can save the file for iPod format.  This is external to MC knowing about it, so you would have to download it to a directory that gets imported automatically for it to get picked up by MC.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:37:30 am »

The videora Ipod video converter converts flv files just fine (the free version is fine!)... you just have to show all files when browsing for the file because for some reason it doesn't show them as being recognised...

Let me know how it goes...

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/download.php

RobOK

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:45:35 pm »

I'll look for that, thanks!

I would like it right inline with MC, but a good converter is a step in the right direction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up