INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0) ?  (Read 5876 times)

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0) ?
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:30:01 am »

LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0)

This show up in full mode....   Is there anyway to clear it.  This text is distracting when viewing videos.   Also the word "stop" keeps showing up between videos.  This is annoying when playing music videos.  Is there anyway to keep the screen black without any text interruptions? 

I hope someone can help me with this.  Hopefully there is a setting to turn this off.  If there is.... I can't seem to find it.

Here is my info:
Media Center Registered 11.1.200 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 981 MB, Free - 451 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0) ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:54:41 pm »

LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0)

This show up in full mode....   Is there anyway to clear it.  This text is distracting when viewing videos.   Also the word "stop" keeps showing up between videos.  This is annoying when playing music videos.  Is there anyway to keep the screen black without any text interruptions?

Your Lead MPEG2 decoder is in evaluation mode. You could buy a registered version or uninstall it and try some other decoder. For example, this thread has discussion about a freeware filter and codec pack that contains also an MPEG2 decoder: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36639.0.

On my PC the "Stop" text appears only when I actually press the stop button, not automatically on a video clip change. I tried the builds 200 and 201, but couldn't reproduce the behavior your described.

Do you get an identical message when you press the stop button or does it look different?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:31:02 pm »

Your Lead MPEG2 decoder is in evaluation mode. You could buy a registered version or uninstall it and try some other decoder. For example, this thread has discussion about a freeware filter and codec pack that contains also an MPEG2 decoder: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36639.0.

On my PC the "Stop" text appears only when I actually press the stop button, not automatically on a video clip change. I tried the builds 200 and 201, but couldn't reproduce the behavior your described.

Do you get an identical message when you press the stop button or does it look different?

I don't understand....   I have two purchased MC.    Is there something else I need to purchase to play video formats without these text files showing up?

As far as the "stop" messages between videos ....  I've been getting this for some time now.    We have two licenced MC.   One on our PC which has had MC since version 10.... and the new puchase is on our new laptop.   Both are showing the "stop" between videos.
This is not a new thing this has been showing up for several builds.  The laptop is the machine showing the decode text.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:23:14 am »

An MPEG2 decoder codec is needed for decoding MPEG2 videos. It does not come with Windows or MC. Your laptop seems to have an evaluation version of LEAD MPEG2 decoder installed. (http://www.leadcodecs.com/Codecs/LEAD-MPEG-2.htm). I am not familiar with that software company and I can't say if their products are any good.

You could check the link out and install the discussed CCCP codec pack. It is freeware. You can configure it to be the default MPEG2 decoder.

You didn't bother to answer my question. Is the Stop message that shows up automatically anyhow different from the message that MC shows when you press the Stop button during video playback? If it is not exactly the same graphic symbol it is probably not generated by MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 12:33:34 am »

An MPEG2 decoder codec is needed for decoding MPEG2 videos. It does not come with Windows or MC. Your laptop seems to have an evaluation version of LEAD MPEG2 decoder installed. (http://www.leadcodecs.com/Codecs/LEAD-MPEG-2.htm). I am not familiar with that software company and I can't say if their products are any good.

You could check the link out and install the discussed CCCP codec pack. It is freeware. You can configure it to be the default MPEG2 decoder.

You didn't bother to answer my question. Is the Stop message that shows up automatically anyhow different from the message that MC shows when you press the Stop button during video playback? If it is not exactly the same graphic symbol it is probably not generated by MC.

That did the trick!   Yahoo!   Thanks for the info Alex!
Pages: [1]   Go Up