INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question/problem with Complete Album smartlist  (Read 1487 times)

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
question/problem with Complete Album smartlist
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:53:32 pm »

In trying to cleanup my collection I seem to be having a problem with the Complete Album smartlist. It
does not seem to understand disc # tags. I have a bunch of multi-disc sets where there is one track one
for each disc. Is there a way to get the complete album behavor when using the disc # tag other then
to change the album name. I like to have all the tracks from a set in the same directory.

Thanks,

Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: question/problem with Complete Album smartlist
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:07:37 pm »

The complete album logic was created before the disc number field was available in MC. This logic does not take into account disc numbers.

I renumber my multi-disc albums, but I keep the original track numbers in a custom field. I have explained my system here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31501.msg216511#msg216511
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:28:35 am »

For multi-disc albums, I put each disc in it's own directory ([Artist]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #]\).

Using the following logic, it pulls multi disc albums as one (this is for one random album):
~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~limit=1,-1,[Album Artist (auto)] -[Album]=[] [Album Type]=[Multiple artists /(complete/)],[Single artist /(complete/)] [Media Type]=[Audio]

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 11:23:49 am »

For multi-disc albums, I put each disc in it's own directory ([Artist]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #]\).
I prefer [album artist (auto)]\[album]\Disc [disc #]\, but that's just me, the end result is much the same...

A 'rename from properties' path expression you might find useful: if(isempty([disc #]),[album artist (auto)]\[album],[album artist (auto)]\[album]\Disc [disc #])
This means you won't need to worry about whether or not this is a multidisc album, MC will just take care of it for you.

Using the following logic, it pulls multi disc albums as one (this is for one random album):
~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~limit=1,-1,[Album Artist (auto)] -[Album]=[] [Album Type]=[Multiple artists /(complete/)],[Single artist /(complete/)] [Media Type]=[Audio]
there are many ways to achieve the same goal with MC, spare your aching fingers, prolong the life of your keyboard, etc. etc....

[media type]=audio -al=[] [complete album]=1 ~limit=1,-1,[Album]

will produce the exact same result ;)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:24 pm »

[media type]=audio -al=[] [complete album]=1 ~limit=1,-1,[Album]

will produce the exact same result ;)

Not quite - that will pull all 'Greatest Hits' albums as one album.

My way may have some un-needed steps (just kept adding till it did what I wanted), but it pulls a single 'Greatest Hits' album at a time without the baggage of the ~a limiter (~a ignores the [media type] limiter).

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 02:46:55 pm »

yup, you're right, and how irritating is that ~a behaviour? sheesh!

anyhoo, small addition...

[media type]=audio -al=[] [complete album]=1 ~limit=1,-1,[Album],[album artist (auto)]

should do the same. with the keywords I use, it actually looks like so here:

mt=audio -al=[] ca=1 ~limit=1,-1,[Album],[album artist (auto)]

keywords are such a handy field option, though some of the defaults leave a lot to be desired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up